Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth Inj Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth Inj Questions

I got my Alky Control kit installed & the tune is roughed in. So I'm taking my car to the local dyno on Saturday & I wanted to see what you guys found that worked best.

What a/f ratio did you end up with (how much change from before)?

How much were you able to incresae the timing? (what was your max)

What mix made the most power & the least knock? 49/51? 100%? ____?

We are having a little dyno war between me, Ryan K's turbo Camaro, a Kenne Bell Cobra & 2 nitrous Vettes FOR MIKES so this is serious! Should be pretty fun.

Oh, and I found another location for Julio's Alky Pump. With a Procharger you can't install it on the drivers frame rail. If you still have AC you can't use the pass side either. I don't have AC anymore, but I do have Nasty's tall valve covers so I had a coil pack down there. But moving that back to the top looked like crap (I show the car too) so I got ambitious....it JUST fits.
Attached Thumbnails Meth Inj Questions-meth1.jpg   Meth Inj Questions-meth2.jpg   Meth Inj Questions-meth3.jpg   Meth Inj Questions-meth4.jpg  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default meth kit

Your install looks great!! I made the most power at approx 22 gph so far, and my timing is at 21. I would go with all the motor can handle as long as it will take it without bogging or losing power. We tuned my afr for 11.5 this last time. Im in the process of seeing if i can retune and up the meth a little. There is a new m3 meth from vp that's 3% o2 for more power, I got some to retune with. GL Dan
Old 09-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Coal Mining Director

I went backwards with the tune for safety. Tuned the car without meth to 11.9 :1. Turned the meth on and kept upping the % until af dropped to 11.3ish : 1. Dropped my IAT's from 165 to 108 at the end of a 1/4 run.

Quick Reply: Meth Inj Questions