Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

vortech guys , need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default vortech guys , need help

im running a vortech setup making some decent power. and i need to relocate the iat to the boosted side of the intake. now should i do this pre intercooler or post aftercooler, im assuming after it so it will show whats going in the engine. and do i need a new iat or do i just somehow move the maf, what have you guys done. tia!
Old 09-24-2006, 03:13 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well there has been an ongoing debate about it as Vortech placed it before the blower even on the f-body kits. Some have moved it to the charge side right be for the TB and have liked the results. It can be tuned around either way I left mine and it was fine so it boils down to personal preference. Logic would say right before the TB for best results though. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved mine to the elbow just before the throttle body. You can see it in the pics that are in the link in my sig. (the brass piece is the meth nozzle). I did not notice any difference in the way it ran. I do log the iat. I used it to check my intercooler effectiveness when I went to a FMIC. There are tuning tables that use the iat also, so if you want a dead on tune it would be nice for the ECM to have correct info.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so , i have a few more ? one is i know i use a signal wire and a ground which is which and do i ground anywhere or does it have 2 wires going to the pcm? and here is the schem for the pcm

http://www.yarnell.org/pcm2005/

so it should be on pcm c2 pin # 25 tan color, i dont see any other wires mentioned. so i dont know if the ground needs to go to the pcm.