Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Maf before or after turbo????

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maf before or after turbo????

Ive been kind of wondering this for my LT1. I always see the MAF AFTER the turbo....but i was thinking..if i was to do my crank case evap..using the suction of the turbo..wouldnt that coat the MAF in oil ruining it?? What are the pros/cons of running if before the turbo/after the turbo..anyone?
Old 09-24-2006, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

99% of people run teh MAF after the turbo AND, and this is the more important one, after the blowoff valve. If u put it before the blowoff valve then it will think that the air that is escaping from the BOV is goin into the engine adn it will dump fuel in when the TB is closed.
As far as ur evac **** i i would suspect that u run that line to teh intake. I woudl be leery of using it to pump the crankcase fumes by the suction of the turbo as u could putt a hell of alot of oil into there. I knwo it doesnt just drain teh oil pan but i would guess there is alot of mist in there that woudl make u smoke alot. Im not familiar with crankcase venting that routes back into the inlet of the turbo save for some stock stuff on turbo cars. But they get thier feed off the valve cover and usually are the first thing to come off when u start makin more power so that u dont smoke. GL man

John

Quick Reply: Maf before or after turbo????