Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Custom Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Turbo

I am having a custom turbo set up put together and the turbo I was recommended is a precision PT76(rated at 1150HP I believe). Is this a typicaly turbo people use? When the kit is put on we will run about 7-8 pounds of boost on a stock compression LS1. We may put heads on to lower the compression some, but assume we put this turbo on a stock ls1. What problems could you see running such a big turbo on this engine. Eventually we will put in an low compression 408 iron block and raise the boost a lot. Until then do you see any problem running 7-8 pounds on a stock ls1? I don't know to much about turbo's especially since this is going to be a custom build, I know more about superchargers, but it seems for a track/performance car turbo is the way to go. Any input is greatly appreciated. I started a thread at ls1gto.com, but the knowledge base is better. Thanks.

P.S.- I did plan to run a d-1sc on the stock motor and then upgrade the procharger to the f-1c when I got the 408, but it seems like the turbo is the better more upgradably route.

Last edited by 04silvergto; 10-31-2006 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/596540-pt67-vs-pt76.html
Old 10-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Teching In

thanks dblue, nothing but help on both sites...
Old 11-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Who is doing your turbo build for you ?

Originally Posted by 04silvergto
I am having a custom turbo set up put together and the turbo I was recommended is a precision PT76(rated at 1150HP I believe). Is this a typicaly turbo people use? When the kit is put on we will run about 7-8 pounds of boost on a stock compression LS1. We may put heads on to lower the compression some, but assume we put this turbo on a stock ls1. What problems could you see running such a big turbo on this engine. Eventually we will put in an low compression 408 iron block and raise the boost a lot. Until then do you see any problem running 7-8 pounds on a stock ls1? I don't know to much about turbo's especially since this is going to be a custom build, I know more about superchargers, but it seems for a track/performance car turbo is the way to go. Any input is greatly appreciated. I started a thread at ls1gto.com, but the knowledge base is better. Thanks.

P.S.- I did plan to run a d-1sc on the stock motor and then upgrade the procharger to the f-1c when I got the 408, but it seems like the turbo is the better more upgradably route.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FastCashDave
Who is doing your turbo build for you ?
Rush Racing
Old 11-08-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 04silvergto

dont waste your time with any of the procharger crap...

go turbo and never look back!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your going big, then go with an S76. It will make big power and not become a backpressure problem in the future with your larger engine.

Quick Reply: Custom Turbo