Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

T76GTS or TC76

Old 12-05-2006, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default T76GTS or TC76

I'm having a custom 6.0l truck manifold kit built and I'm trying to cut cost without sacrificing quality or reliability. I'm looking for 650rwhp pump and 800-850rwhp on race gas. This is not a drag car by any means. I'm running a built 6-speed/SPEC Stage4 and will not switch to an auto. I'm just looking to have fun on the streets. I just posted another thread on intercoolers if that sounds familiar. This is going to be on a forged 348, 9:1 c/r iron block with CNC ported 6.0l heads.

I read the post on the Turbonetics TC76 from Jose @ forced inductions. It has a lighter wheel which spools quickly compared to the Precision T76-GTS. They are both in my power range but the PTE-T76GTS is good for another 50 to 100rwhp over the TC76 and supposedly makes power at higher rpms. I'm not even sure how high I want to shift so I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I don't know actual rpms amounts but I figure if the TC76 spools 300rpm before the GTS it will be more fun on the street but the GTS will probably win more races since you can rev higher...?

The tie breaker is really quality and purpose and not really cost. I found the 76GTS on ebay for $1250 shipped brand new. You can only get the TC76 from Jose for $1080 plus shipping. After shipping, it's probably only a $150 difference so is the 76GTS going to be that much better quality? Will it be as much fun for my application and goals? What kind of lag time can I expect over the TC76? Thanks.

Also, if anyone could recommend a good cam for this package. Something streetable but still lopey. Thanks- Mike.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok first, the TC76 with the MPS wheel will handle the power requirements. As for spool up, yes the TC will outspool the GTS everytime. As for winning races, it would be a draw. If both will make 700rwhp and sustain it, then its even. As for quality, well Turbonetics right now is bar none. Their units are right now probably the best quality units and definitely have the best warranty on the market. Also with a 348 either unit will work just fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T76GTS or TC76