Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cooling a FI F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cooling a FI F-Body

I needed to relocate the fans, and I now have both a pusher and puller. The pusher is mounted to the AC condenser. Cooling is marginal. Car is a 01 LS1 car. I picked up a LT radiator and will put that in when the weather starts to get better. I think part of the problem is trying to blow through the condenser. I want to keep the AC but would like to space the condenser away from the radiator to insert the pusher directly to the radiator. I would probably need to ditch the plastic ducting that directs air up from under the car. Has anyone removed this plastic ducting? Any issues with removing it? Thanks.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're talking about the air dam, removing that piece will significantly degrade your cooling when at speed. If you try your "sandwich" approach, i.e. inserting the fans between the condenser and the radiator, you would probably want to find a way to keep the air dam... maybe move it forward to scoop air for the front of the condenser.

You are correct; trying to push air through the condenser AND the radiator is a marginal solution. A quick search will lead you to some options on upgraded fans that may suit your needs (or check with FROST on this board).

Good luck...
Old 12-05-2006, 04:32 PM

Im sure he means the thin plastic infront of the condencer. I have dual pushers and 1 12" puller to keep things cool. I havent needed the puller yet.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, the two piece plastic that is in front of the condenser and forms a tunnel. Any problem with removing it?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:26 PM

not for me.

Quick Reply: Cooling a FI F-Body