Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts pcv switch working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sts pcv switch working?

I touched a wire to it from the battery and it clicks but I can blow in both sides of the hoses... Both from the tb and the vc..

Shouldnt it stop flow from the tb? Because its letting air get to the vc side when I blow in it.. May be one of my oiling issues..
Old 12-24-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

If its not closing, it is an issue. You can also check it by taking the hose off the pressure swtich and with the engine running, blow into the pressure swtich. When you blow 1psi, it should stop air flow from the throttle body to the valve cover. Also, make sure your hoses are on the switch valve the right way. Also, the pressure switch is adjustable using an allen wrench at the top. No matter how you check it, the valve should close and stop air(boost) from going in the valve cover.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

hmm Its not closing then. When I touch the hot from the battery its making a clicking noise but not closing.

Also I did blow on the hobbs switch and it didnt close then. I tried blowing through throttle body side of the pcv switch and it comes out the vc side. Tried blowing in the opposite side and air comes out as well.. I guess ill take it off and try to figure it out..

Thanks

How much are these switches?
Old 12-24-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

The small line that goes to the switch is what should see 1psi and then the pressure switch will make the switch valve switch and the pump turn on high.
If you feel the valve switch and the hoses are on right, then the valve is more than likely bad.
If your kit is new, check with the dealer you bought it from. It not let STS know, or you can call me.