Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS..wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STS..wiring

I do realize that the pump pulls oil away from the turbo in this setup...but why oh why did STS make it so that the BLACK wire go on the positive terminal? from an electrical engineers standpoint that is freakin confusing since its DC not AC.

also, I'm wiring the kit up with the positive and the black wire and the yellow wire and the negative on the oil pump JUST like the instructions say...

I connected the pump up to a battery to run it WITH OIL(1qt container) and I connected it like described in the manual and it would have been pushing oil the opposite way of how it should be, now unless that black wire switches to become positive somewhere in the wiring harnesses, then that is backwards flow of what it should be from the diagrams in the book.

I realize STS is a sponsor and I'm posting this because I have called them numerous times and no one has answered or called back in a week and a half. I have been calling leaving messages about 2 times a week now.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah don't look for STS to pitch in and help here either..... Although TRT or some other users may have the answers you are looking for.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frost
Yeah don't look for STS to pitch in and help here either..... Although TRT or some other users may have the answers you are looking for.
LMAO. well i must say, i can't remember if i had called them one time and left a message, or if I had posted up here... but i'll be durned if they didn't call me back within the next day... and I was IMPRESSED. someone, well lots of someone must either be on christmas vacation or new years vacation... lol.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

yea, sts isnt going to help any, i have also called and left messages for help, but they have never gotted back to me.... billy at TRT has helped me out a lot with my sts problems, so i'd ask him for some advice.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Im going through the same thing right now with them not calling you back but I left a voice mail with the v.p. and he called me back today. When you call as soon as the guy starts talking dial 801. That is his extension. It will probably go to his voice mail but he gives his cell phone number and I left a message there and he caled me back today. His name is David South. He seems like a nice guy and willing to help you out, he did me anyways! Also why not just switch the wire's around so I will run the right way? That's what I would try!

Jimmy
Old 12-30-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

... i would do that but I don't want to risk damage to something. I'm going to follow their wiring guide and do it that way, and then I will prime the pump and see which way the oil is flowing. i just think its really stupid to wire it up with the black wire to the positive, as ALL DC circuits black wires are negative

Quick Reply: STS..wiring