Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

has any one used this crank pinning tool

Old 01-06-2007, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default has any one used this crank pinning tool

This is the crank pinning too I borrowed from someone locally. However I have no instructions or pins or anything to go with it. I have a boaic idea how it works but other than that I don't know. My question is has anyone used this type before and how do I use it. Also I was at a shop and saw how the ATI one works(completely different) and I think I like that more. Should I just break down and buy the ATI one since I will likely be changing to an ATI blancer and stuff next winter.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the same one I have from ATI/procharger. Simple mount it tight to the balancer and drill. Just mark your drill bit with tape and dont go to deep. ATI calls for the hole to be drilled .800" deep and install a .25"O.D. X .75"long stainless steel dowel pin. Use a .25 hardened drill bit and buy extras. I broke probably 5 bits it was tight for me to get to it. I think the F-body`s have more room to work with. Its even better if motor is out. Dowel pins try a hardware store, mine came from ATI.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone else
Old 01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like what I used. Use a hardened bit and mark it with tape to the proper depth. It's very easy to do. I used a 90 degree drill extension so I didn't have to remove the steering rack. I just loosened it and pushed it up out of the way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: has any one used this crank pinning tool