Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech install help yet again......

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vortech install help yet again......

alright guys,i promise this will be the last set of questions i have, lol.

1. I am at the part of the damper/crank part of the install, and with my kit, which i bought used i have recieived an ATI damper which had a key but my stock crank does not. does this matter? should we just install the damper onto the crank the and line it up close the old fashion way or what??? i have also noticed that ATI has a crank drill pin fixture kit, will this do the trick?

2. i have also received a GM damper bolt which is about 4 inches long, it just seems to long to fit. Am i using the correct bolt? Because is seems like the bolt should just be 2 inches long not 4 but i maybe wrong.

3. Is the head unit itself the highest point of the system after the install beacuse the hood closes, and i already have that bolted up, but it is really close to the hood, it is just touching the sound deadener. if this is the highest point i should be good, but if the aftercooler is higher i may be in trouble.

Thanks a lot again for the help, i really appreciate it, once i get past this im pretty much set since i already tapped the oil pan which is the hard part, ive tried to work around this but i dont want to bypass this step and make it harder to work on later.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend pinning the crank, mine came loose and chewed up the snout on the crank.

You've got the right crank bolt.

I think you have to cut the Camaro hood some, I've got a WS6 so I'm not sure what you have to do.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You only need to cut the hood on the SS, The z28's have a different hood. The aftercooler will sit just as high, but will fit fine.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found that mine sat loer on the aftercooler side just a little though. And if you look in the instuctions there is a piece that has to be trimmed on a Z28 hood if you have an SS then mor needs to be trimmed than just the corners on the Z28 hood. If you go to Vortech's website you can download the instructions right off the internet with picture and all FYI. Oh and you will definately want to pin the crank if you don't want to have any possibility of haveing a problem.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks im going to check out their site right now

Quick Reply: Vortech install help yet again......