Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo,twin screw,or centrifical supercharger

Old 01-12-2007, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo,twin screw,or centrifical supercharger

Hi everyone, my last car was 98 LS1 z-28 with 150 shot and lots of bolt-ons. Sold it , and now i have 2004 c-5 with 18,000 miles on it. I want more power than my last car. I am going to do forced iduction on this car. It is not a dayly driver, but i want to be able to keep it very streetable, but run it at the track on the weekends. I am not looking for realy high boost so basicaly just want the kit without major moto mods.There is so much bs from every manufacture of how there product is the best and the rest suck. I dont want more opinions i want some facts.

Remote mounted twin turbos sounds great, and STS has a nice kit for $7,000 but after all the "xtras" that you need that are not in the kit it is closer to $10K. ATI prochager I can get complete and installed for about $7K. And a Kenne Bell twin scew kit is about $7K. The KB looks like a very complete kit.

So does anyone have any of these set-ups in their car? If so what are the pros and cons of them? I have had a Procharger befor, and i slung alot of belts, but they say the brackets are better now. never had a turbo or twin screw sc.

Any help or info would be great.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Teching In

You might want to swing over to the FI Sub-Forum you will probably get a better/quicker answer there.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Moving this to the Forced Induction Section!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Procharger FTW! Less maintenance and upkeep, its pretty much a bolt on. Iys a proven system tahts time tested, unlike these fly by night turbo companies. And you dont have 42 miles of pipe under your car like the STS kits. Short of a full race setup i think the procharger takes the win for reliability, easy instillationn, price, and proven performance. Go check out www.exoticperformaceplus.com they are a site sponsor, and THE place to go for anything procharger related. Bob and his crew are like procharger gods. Take a look at the project cars section of their website.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd skip the ProCharger and go right to twin turbos. Do a search for TTi, APS, PTK, HP, STS, etc and you'll find everything you need.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote for KB. Those twin screws have an awesome street powerband.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

See, this is the same type answers i seem to get everywhere. Seems like mostly opinions based on personal bias. True, i dont like the idea of running a mile of pipe for the TT setup. Also the Procharger is the simplest install, but for a street strip setup, what is the best? I keep leaning twords the Kenne Bell twin screw because of the HUGE torque gains at very low RPMS. I have always believed that horsepower is for braging rights but torque wins races.

I am just trying to make a decision based on price, ease of install, and gains achievable with a stock c-5 and the respective base kits. I dont want to do something and regret it a week later, witch i have done in te past.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

ask here too

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeroforum?id=86

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo,twin screw,or centrifical supercharger