Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Am I missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing anything?

I just purchased an STS kit a couple of weeks ago, and I plan on installing it very soon. I have two phases that I plan on going for. First is low boost, around 450 rwhp, the basic setup. Second is high(er) boost, around 550 rwhp.

Here is how the car sits right now:
02 TA WS6 M6: 12 Bolt w/ 3.73's and 33 spline axles, Ram VDS Clutch, Denny's Nitrous Ready Driveshaft, 227/227 .564/.564 114LSA cam, Comp 918 springs, Titanium Retainers, Hardened Pushrods, EFI Live w/ 3 Bar Speed Density OS, Moates.net Roadrunner, BMR Rear Sway Bar, BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Torque Arm, Hooker Longtubes with ORY (Coated), 3" SS I-Pipe to the turbo

Here is what I have for phase 1:
STS Kit with GT67 upgrade, TiAL BOV and wastegate, NGK TR6's, 2 Bar Cobalt/Impala MAP sensor, 60# Mototron injectors, Cyberdyne Fuel Pressure and Boost Gauges, Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump, Manual Boost Controller
What I may need to get and put in:
Adjustable double roller timing chain (to negate any advance ground in the cam), Wrap the I-pipe, 1 subframe connector

Phase 2 (Higher Boost):
Stainless Steel longtubes and Y-pipe, wrap for these, -6 feed, upgraded fuel rails with 60 PSI boost referenced FPR, double walbro pump setup from racetronix, FMIC, 6.0L heads with LS6 valves, same 918 springs, hardened pushrods, titanium retainers, thicker head gaskets, arp head studs

What I am shooting for is the lowest compression possible so that I may keep the car in good shape and not blow anything up. I want to have the car very reliable with this power. For now I plan on capping out at 500-550 rwhp.

Is there anything I am missing?

Last edited by 02BlackOnBlackSS; 01-13-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:20 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like a good plan, I'd run the oil return line back to the oil pan, instead of the valve cover. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=32 This link may help you out some. Bob
Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure if your gonna need long tubes. I kept my stock exhaust manifolds on mine, and I may get them ported at some point. I just don't know if the long tubes are going to help much with an STS setup. Just a thought, you might be able to save some dough.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NYSS Guy
I'm not sure if your gonna need long tubes. I kept my stock exhaust manifolds on mine, and I may get them ported at some point. I just don't know if the long tubes are going to help much with an STS setup. Just a thought, you might be able to save some dough.
I have heard that it would help with the cam that I have. I think if I retain all of the heat, it will help out a good bit.