Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lt1+sts

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lt1+sts

Anyone do one of these? I was gonna trade my old LT1 off for a C5, but well just paid it off so why take another car payment? For now just wanna bolt the kit up and play with it,untill the rings let go and then build a nice little motor. Anything i should look out for? Anyone on here have it on a M6 car?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it on my '96 LT1 A4 and for the most part like it. I recommend having it dyno tuned and not running more than 7 psi on the stock bottom end. My philosophy is the same as yours- drive it until the rings (or something else) gives out and then beef it up.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro_freak
I have it on my '96 LT1 A4 and for the most part like it. I recommend having it dyno tuned and not running more than 7 psi on the stock bottom end. My philosophy is the same as yours- drive it until the rings (or something else) gives out and then beef it up.
i saw in your sig your hp,what did ya make before the sts? i was just gona run 6 psi since thats what thex ran.also do you have headers? and do you use the meth injection? i kinda rater put an intercooler in there instead.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grn4fbody
i saw in your sig your hp,what did ya make before the sts? i was just gona run 6 psi since thats what thex ran.also do you have headers? and do you use the meth injection? i kinda rater put an intercooler in there instead.
Yes ,you want to put in an FMIC. My IAT's were hiting as high as 130 degrees without! (so much for STS claim a FMIc's not needed with their kits .... ) With the Front munt Intercooler IAT's now max around 105 degrees, and that's if I'm driving like an a$$ and constantly getting on it.

I have an LS1...but it's a M6. Absolute blast to drive a turbo manual. I have a pretty loud BOV. Scares the hell outta the import tuner crowd.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Schantin
Yes ,you want to put in an FMIC. My IAT's were hiting as high as 130 degrees without! (so much for STS claim a FMIc's not needed with their kits .... ) With the Front munt Intercooler IAT's now max around 105 degrees, and that's if I'm driving like an a$$ and constantly getting on it.

I have an LS1...but it's a M6. Absolute blast to drive a turbo manual. I have a pretty loud BOV. Scares the hell outta the import tuner crowd.

What intercooler did you use? I was just thinkin about using one of the small ATI intercoolers. Also id like to see how all the piping is set up
Old 01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Launching!

I never dyno'd it before the STS, so I don't know what the baseline was, but the car was totally stock with only a CAI. The STS is the only power adder on the car. I am not running meth/water or FMIC, and that's probably why the tune was conservative. It still has stock manifolds, cam, rockers, heads, etc, but all that should change next year when I put in a forged 355.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro_freak
I never dyno'd it before the STS, so I don't know what the baseline was, but the car was totally stock with only a CAI. The STS is the only power adder on the car. I am not running meth/water or FMIC, and that's probably why the tune was conservative. It still has stock manifolds, cam, rockers, heads, etc, but all that should change next year when I put in a forged 355.
What Fuel system did you go with?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Launching!

What Fuel system did you go with?
Racetronix Walbro 255 lph pump and 42# SVO injectors. Regulator, lines, and everything else is stock. The dyno tune took care of adjusting the A/F to a safe level.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

I was looking at the aeromotive system for the LT1, with the ford motorsport 42LBS since there dirt cheap

Quick Reply: Lt1+sts