Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone know how to hook up a Turbo Timer??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone know how to hook up a Turbo Timer??

I have my turbo timer just sitting around and i would like to hook it up but i dont quite understand the dumbass directions....Does anyone know what type of "wire type lock set" we have as it says in the directions??

theres 6 wires...

White
Yellow
Black
Brown
Red
Gray

Now In the directions it says I dont need to hook up the Brown wire which would hook up to my car alarm...directions specifically say that if i dont hook it up, nothing will be affected by it so count that one out...i dont need it

Black is obviously the Negative

Grey says to hook it up to the Negative pole of handbrake???...does this mean i hook this wire up to my E brake pole??

So what do i hook the yellow,white and red wires up too?? I also hafto run a Vac. line to this through my firewall somewhere to my intake manifold because it will tell me exactly how much boost im running etc..

heres a Pic of the instructions so its much easier to understand then my shitty description...

Note: MATB is the timer
Old 01-20-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most here dont use one.... they consider it a ricer part more then anything......
They arent needed.. just dont go WOT and then shut the car off..... let her cool for a sec..... it really donest take more then a min.......
Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Most here dont use one.... they consider it a ricer part more then anything......
They arent needed.. just dont go WOT and then shut the car off..... let her cool for a sec..... it really donest take more then a min.......
I concur. don't need it.. I wouldn't add unneeded parts to complicate things, unless you think it's cool. then have at it
Old 01-20-2007, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

well its also a digital boost controller and also tells me how much boost im running at what rpm....thats the only real reason why i want to keep it...thats a pretty cool feature