Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Got it up and running

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got it up and running

Well after 4 days of lots of work and one slipped disc in my back LOL I got the new 408 forged engine in the car. I redid the tune using HP tuners and have been putting miles on it and got to say I havent taken it over 4k and just part throttle no boost and it feels so powerful love the low end torque the stroker has cant wait to see what it feels like with 12 PSI of boost and full throttle.

Ok now my first ? on the passager side I have a slight oil leak, I thought it was the rear main cause the oil was around the starter well I removed it and the inside was clean but removing it showed nothing inside and a slight trickle coming from above I followed it up to around the rear bolt in the header , checked the valve cover 3 times even replaced the gaskets, tightened the heads thinking maybe they were not torqued properly checked the rocker studs etc etc nothing cant find where it may be leaking. Cant think it would be the heads it runs great and if it were pushing oil out then it would be pushing coolant out as well and nothing. No oil in coolant or vice a versa. PCV is not leaking either, checked the crank sensor no oil out of there, havent checked the cam sensor or the oil pressure sensor but any ideas would be awesome as this is the only thing thats buggin me thanks in advance for any ideas this is using the LQ4 block and cometic MLS gaskets.

Now I come to my next ? I have heard differing ways to break in the motor for boosted apps I want to hear from the guys that have boosted engines and how they best feel is the right way to do it to get the rings to fully seat and break it in properly. I am using diamond pistons, proselect diamond rings, scat h-beam rods, clevite bearings, and eagle crank, and AFR225 heads.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the break in periond on my new blower motor as well. we put it on the dyno for about 2 hours as if we were in traffic. Putting it under load and stopp and go driving.Then we put a real safe tune on it and now I am driving it around for the 500 miles, then we will retune it.That's what we have done, but everybody say's to do it diferent way's.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Good to see your motor is up and running. I am still waiting for parts in mine.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope you dont have an eagle crank leaking from the back...mine did.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Is this a common problem with Eagle cranks? Anyone else have this problem??

Thanks - Ron
Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Highly doubt it cause like I said my bellhousing is bone dry if the crank was leaking it would be a rear seal prob but no its on the outside I think i found it knock on wood I think it was the valve cover even though I checked em I think they have to be installed perfectly to not leak. So far so good.