Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Going turbo got a couple ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going turbo got a couple ?'s

To start off this is a LT1..Well I decided that I am going to change my setup on my new motor Im building. Its a 385ci Solid Roller with a Eagle 4340 Forged Crank, Eagle 5.7 H Beams, I will be taking the srp flat tops out and replacing them with some custom -39cc Dome pistons from Diamond and some total seal ap series rings. That will put me at 8:74.1 so that should be a good ratio to run at the amount of boost I am wanting to run. Im looking to run 20-25psi tops, and then lower boost when just cruising around. I will also be putting arp head studs in so no lifting heads happens. Now for the head gaskets.. I was told that running the Cometic will be the best. I just had my short block built from the machine shop and my block was zero decked so I don't know what the RA finish is. Can I bring it back up there and they can tell me? What about the heads, do they have to be 50RA or finer also? For the ECM. Can the ecm on a 93 car handle all the fuel adjustments and timing adjustments etc? Or do I have to run an aftermarket computer?
Old 01-27-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

What exactly are your power goals? Will this be a dd? If so why are you going with a solid roller? And the machine shop should be able to answer all of your questions when it comes to their work. And personally, Id go with an aftermarket cpu as the early LTx cpu's are very limited in their ability to be properly tuned.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

No the car is not a DD. Its a drag strip car. And once in a while all go to a cruises around town with all the other cars around here.. Im going with a PTK kit with a T88. What kind of computer do yall recommend? Id like to make 1000rwhp on race gas and high boost.. Doesn't seem to be a problem because with smaller lt1 setups then what I have got and t76s I have seen high 900's at the wheels..
Old 01-27-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93 4mula
... What kind of computer do yall recommend?...
BS3(most recommended), FAST(popular), DFI(very good, not as user friendly), MoTec($$$), Mega Squirt (diy), etc....
Old 01-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Cool thanks.. So BS3 is the best one? Or just most used? Any major difference in any of them?

Last edited by 93 4mula; 01-27-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just had about the same set-up.... i still use regular felpro head gaskets.....if your tune is good and you run race gas they will work fine. i also sprayed the car with a 150 shot too. as for the fast...its good and will work nice for the 95# injectors you will need,...but my car with 160# inj. is alittle sloppy down low, and a bs3 might be better their. but both will work fine just make sure the fast is a sequ. unit not bank to bank, it helps on the drivability.
also what intake are you going to use?

Quick Reply: Going turbo got a couple ?'s