Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help Wanted! Best blower for ZO6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Wanted! Best blower for ZO6?

My friend is looking to buy a blower for her ZO6. I'm trying to see what all of you guys would recommend. She is looking at vortech and maggie, I said she should look at procharger but she said that a tuner told her to never put a procharger on a vette, Is there something bad about procharger on a vette? I would like to hear all experiences (good and bad), and your personal preference. Thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
9 Second Club

I would look into ECS or A&A. Procharger makes a nice headunit but the Novi 2000 and the Vortech T trim kits perform well. I personally would go with a D1SC. Ive made 700 rwhp with there P1SC setup and I know the D1SC can make more. Just my customer is happy there. Also running out of fuel. So we are building him a custom fuel system with Dual intank pumps So far so good!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Prey4Me
My friend is looking to buy a blower for her ZO6. I'm trying to see what all of you guys would recommend. She is looking at vortech and maggie, I said she should look at procharger but she said that a tuner told her to never put a procharger on a vette, Is there something bad about procharger on a vette? I would like to hear all experiences (good and bad), and your personal preference. Thanks guys.
fwiw . Id recommend the D1sc no1 and Vortech no2, but they might not like the way the procharger fits sorta underneath on the Vette, dont they? could be what the main man don't like huh.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
I would look into ECS or A&A. Procharger makes a nice headunit but the Novi 2000 and the Vortech T trim kits perform well. I personally would go with a D1SC. Ive made 700 rwhp with there P1SC setup and I know the D1SC can make more. Just my customer is happy there. Also running out of fuel. So we are building him a custom fuel system with Dual intank pumps So far so good!
Id be interested in how the dool intank pumps go too, could be a good idea, I was thinking of doing the same sacking the Magnafuel 750 altogether.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tonner
Id be interested in how the dool intank pumps go too, could be a good idea, I was thinking of doing the same sacking the Magnafuel 750 altogether.
We installed both pumps in the drivers side tank. One in the stock location with the spitter modified. The other pump hangs down in a custom bracket we made and I drilled out the side of the tank and put a y block and a bulkhead fitting to connect them together. Should have results soon.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

fwiw . Id recommend the D1sc no1 and Vortech no2, but they might not like the way the procharger fits sorta underneath on the Vette, dont they? could be what the main man don't like huh.

The ProCharger is right on top on the passenger side of a C5/C6 Corvette. All ProCharger kits are also polished as a standard feature on the Corvette platform, blower, bracket and tensioner.

FWIW the two Corvette tuners that offer their own Paxton/Vortech kits are unable to purchase the ProCharger product line and that is going to affect their opinions on the product.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by andereck
The ProCharger is right on top on the passenger side of a C5/C6 Corvette. All ProCharger kits are also polished as a standard feature on the Corvette platform, blower, bracket and tensioner.

FWIW the two Corvette tuners that offer their own Paxton/Vortech kits are unable to purchase the ProCharger product line and that is going to affect their opinions on the product.
Oh well then Go the Procharger I say. I have the F1 almost a overkill but its there for a cast stroker later, and spin it even harder.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the responses guys. Anybody had a bad experience with procharged vette's? I'm just trying to find out why a tuner would say something so negative about a blower that is so popular? Possibly what Andereck said. Lets hear from some of the procharged Vette guys.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by andereck

Andy did sell them before you guys were going to make him buy your kits instead of just head units. In all fairness.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the responses guys. Anybody had a bad experience with procharged vette's? I'm just trying to find out why a tuner would say something so negative about a blower that is so popular? Possibly what Andereck said. Lets hear from some of the procharged Vette guys.
Here my buddies car. LS6 Heads 10 or 12 pounds all forged P1SC A&A kit. 18* on pump.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget about the Kenne Bell?????
Old 02-03-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

wow, thats an awesome power curve

as soon as the weather clears over here I'll be able to give you an idea of what an f1 procharger feels on a z06.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Here my buddies car. LS6 Heads 10 or 12 pounds all forged P1SC A&A kit. 18* on pump.

THAT is so good for the little P1sc.

What is an A&A kit? cant think what that could be
Old 02-03-2007, 04:54 PM
9 Second Club

THAT is so good for the little P1sc.

What is an A&A kit? cant think what that could be
Yes that is a A&A kit.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Procharger F1a.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:35 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

ATI ProCharger redesigned their Corvette ProCharger bracket assembly several years ago. Your tuner may of had an experience with an older design.
Check out this C5 that has an ATI ProCharger on it. Bob
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40
Old 02-04-2007, 06:39 AM
9 Second Club

Looks like a copy of Andy's bracket if you ask me.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have worked on a 2003 ZO6 with an Intercooled Maggie (belongs to co-worker) all this last week... It also has the ECS alky injection. He is running 12 to 1 AFR and near factory ZO6 timing (-2 degrees at peak WOT). It has a 3.1 pulley upgrade and was showing 4 pounds of boost as soon 2200rpms.

ALL the above, it is a 500/500 (sae) car that snaps you back in the seat any-where in the rpm range... I have owned an Andy ATI kit on my C5 and I will tell you could not compare to this guys Maggie setup... I hit 512/469 with my ATI so it was making some power, you just had to grab some revs to get to it. If you want to win dyno-wars do a Vortech/ATI system... If you want to put the smack down on the street, I would look to a Maggie or KB.. Having to buy a new hood does suck...

Make your own decision but I will tell the Maggie (or KB) will give the power where you will use it every day all day, from 1800 rpms on up!!!

I am (was) in the process of building a BIG TQ 416 or 427 for my C5 but after riding in this guys ZO6 (for 6 hours) has completely confused my plans...

Last edited by SideStep; 02-04-2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Andy did sell them before you guys were going to make him buy your kits instead of just head units. In all fairness.
Quite true, nobody had any gripes about the head units themselves. All 3 companies make excellent blowers.

But when the aftermarket cpmpanies offered a better bracket system than ATI offered, and they suddenly came out with a very similar bracket system and wanted to force the tuners to buy their kits instead..... ( admitteldy, a policy that had already been in place apparently but never enforced )

As they wanted to use their own tried and tested brackets, they rightly stuck 2 fingers up at ATI, and started using Paxton and Vortech respectively.

With excellent results too.

The head unit is only a small aspect of a blower kit. If the bracket/pulley system isnt up to scratch, the best head unit in the world wont be of any use.

Although, since ATI "redesigned" their bracket, no doubt all 3 systems are very very good.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:36 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Quite true, nobody had any gripes about the head units themselves. All 3 companies make excellent blowers.

But when the aftermarket cpmpanies offered a better bracket system than ATI offered, and they suddenly came out with a very similar bracket system and wanted to force the tuners to buy their kits instead..... ( admitteldy, a policy that had already been in place apparently but never enforced )

As they wanted to use their own tried and tested brackets, they rightly stuck 2 fingers up at ATI, and started using Paxton and Vortech respectively.

With excellent results too.

The head unit is only a small aspect of a blower kit. If the bracket/pulley system isnt up to scratch, the best head unit in the world wont be of any use.

Although, since ATI "redesigned" their bracket, no doubt all 3 systems are very very good.
I agree 100%.

Quick Reply: Help Wanted! Best blower for ZO6?