Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help w/ SES light

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help w/ SES light

thought this would get more responses from the FI section

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/664849-help-ses-says-p1133-p1153.html
Old 02-25-2007, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
thought this would get more responses from the FI section

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664849
Do you have a Wideband AF gauge? Or even a Predator programmer. If the AF is looking good, you can use a scanner like a predator (assuming you don't have HP Tuners or the like) and you can visualize the O2 sensors. If they're not putting out a good oscillating pattern at part throttle, they are probably going bad. Not uncommon for them to fail with FI.

Also check the wiring from the O2's. Possible the wiring harness is contacting something hot that it shouldn't be.

Others might have different routes to check, but I'd personally start with the above. Good luck
Old 02-25-2007, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Schantin
Do you have a Wideband AF gauge? Or even a Predator programmer. If the AF is looking good, you can use a scanner like a predator (assuming you don't have HP Tuners or the like) and you can visualize the O2 sensors. If they're not putting out a good oscillating pattern at part throttle, they are probably going bad. Not uncommon for them to fail with FI.

Also check the wiring from the O2's. Possible the wiring harness is contacting something hot that it shouldn't be.

Others might have different routes to check, but I'd personally start with the above. Good luck

yes i do have a predator, thats how i was able to read the codes, so i guess thats a good start! i didnt know it can monitor the a/f ratio while the car is running?!? i was thinking the wires could have come in contact with my LT's, but i havent been able to check yet... also i do have an AEM wideband, but it just went out a few days ago... like it doesnt read anymore but the guage works... could these be related? thanks for the help schantin!!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
yes i do have a predator, thats how i was able to read the codes, so i guess thats a good start! i didnt know it can monitor the a/f ratio while the car is running?!? i was thinking the wires could have come in contact with my LT's, but i havent been able to check yet... also i do have an AEM wideband, but it just went out a few days ago... like it doesnt read anymore but the guage works... could these be related? thanks for the help schantin!!
The predator WILL NOT monitor your AF ratio. It WILL monitor other parameters, to include your O2's. The AEM would have given you your AF readings. Too bad that's not working.

Check the wiring harnesses from the front O2's and be sure they're not being melted by your LT's.

BTW, if your car was running too rich at one time (thought I saw you posted that it ran like crap before tuning on another post), then it's possible the O2's were fouled....to include your 5-wire wideband O2.

Hope this helps
Old 02-25-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Schantin
The predator WILL NOT monitor your AF ratio. It WILL monitor other parameters, to include your O2's. The AEM would have given you your AF readings. Too bad that's not working.

Check the wiring harnesses from the front O2's and be sure they're not being melted by your LT's.

BTW, if your car was running too rich at one time (thought I saw you posted that it ran like crap before tuning on another post), then it's possible the O2's were fouled....to include your 5-wire wideband O2.

Hope this helps
yes, it ran rich for a good 8 months before the STS kit, because i drove an untuned hotcam, and it fouled a couple sets of spark plugs.... i'm thinking they are going bad now... i'm gonna just replace them this week anyway and reset the codes to see it that works. thanks a lot for your help!