Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

YES, I know!

Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default YES, I know!

Yes i know that this has been discussed many many times but i can not get a grasp on this little problem-well a big broblem for me! I have done a search but it's still very confusing to me. I have a problem with the dipstick blowing out and making a mess in the engine compartment and also somehow oil is getting into the intake and the little metal box where the air filter used to be. The engine breakes up really bad because of this issue. The oil must be going into the head unit by the pcv valve line running into the hat on the head unit(D1SC).Sooooo i have bought a nice catch can from some sponser on the site (NPL or NLP or something like that) and a check valve. It looks like there are 2 lines going from the passenger side to the pcv valve on the drivers side (one on the valve cover and another on the front of the intake; there is a Y fitting on the backside of the intake to join them togher). The 90 is blocked off on the t/b. and the metal 90 is also blocked off of the front side of the pass. valve cover. I need some help on how to resolve this issue very badly.This is a BIG problem for me because i am going in for a major tune Friday! I need this to be completed.

Can someone tell me in a simple way how to route the pcv lines to a catch can with a check valve?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are getting a crazy ammount of blow-by, so much that you are forcing oil back into the intake and causing detonation.....

You should look into a vacum pump or do a compression test to see if you haven't melted a piston....
Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

If there isnt actually any engine damage already.....

search PCV.

its been covered about 5,000,000 times already, with many diagrams and descriptions.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its been covered about 5,000,000 times already, with many diagrams and descriptions.[/QUOTE]

Yes i know that. Maybe you could just explain it to me instead of telling me to look it up. Like i said in the first couple of lines i already have done that and it's still not completly clear or else i would not of had to wasted mine and your valuable time. (Not trying to be a smart ***)
Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a cracked ring or piston.Mine did the same thing and that is what the problem was.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. It has forged pistons that was put in not to long ago.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 AM
11 Second Club

Hey slim, to be honest it would appear that you are wanting to put a band aid on a possible broken bone. As others have stated it would appear that you have either eaten a piston or at the very least damaged or collapsed some rings. You stand the possibility of doing MUCH, MUCH worse it you keep leaning on it without fixing it properly. Don't let impatience make you a graduate of the school of hard knocks. The education is very good but the tuition is high as hell!!!

Jim C.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

sounds like a bad motor build.......it happened to me the first time through....clearence wear not right causing some very serious blowby
Old 03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02' hawk
Thanks. It has forged pistons that was put in not to long ago.
So was mine!!!Honestly if you are pushing the dipstick out it is not a PCV issue.I was hoping that is what it was also but it wasn't!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i dug into the pcv valve lines yesterday and had found a pcv valve that was put into the hose that connected to the intake - it was bad;it did not shut at all - Replaced it with a nicer one way valve. I am going in for a tune in the morning b/c the car is so out of wack! I have not ran it yet to see if that was the problem. I think that the supercharger was pressurizing the crankcase. What do yall think?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
9 Second Club

I am not sure on that, but I would think that if you were pressurizing the crank thru the pcv valve, it would blow the pcv valve out of the grommet that holds it.Not sure on this one.That would be great for you if that is what it is though,simple and cheap fix!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: YES, I know!