Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Quick help on front bumper removal

Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick help on front bumper removal

I'm having a hard time getting my bumper to come off and just want to make sure there isn't anything else holding it on. I got the clips on top and bottom. Then 2 bolts on each side attaching it to the side fenders and then one screw on each side by the corner of the headlight. Am I missing any or are there just clips holding it on that need some force to pop off? I don't want to break anything trying to force it off so anyone thats taken it off please help me out. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 AM

Theres a lot of bolts. The some that point down through the front fenders through the bumper. Make sure you get everyone and then it should come right off.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

you have the plastic clips on top and bottom,removal of all the plastic underneath. there is the screws between the headlights,then there is some behind the assembly,inside the fenders there is three screws holding up a metal bracket, i think thats it. might be two screws on each side of the headlights i forget.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

well i see you have a TA not sure if its setup the same since i have a different front end then you. (Z28)
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

There are the 2 nuts on the bottom up in the middle but there is another bracket in there thats easier to see thats not them they are tucked up and higher then the other 2. Then the 2 screws by the headlights, and the clips up top and bottom and then there are 2 more bolts that you have to get from the top inside the engine bay one by the battery and the other by the big bunch of wires and fuse holders. there are 2 access windows in the sides look inside you can barely see the bolt head its a 10mm and can be gotten with a socket extension and ratchet HTH
Old 03-01-2007, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Theres a lot of bolts. The some that point down through the front fenders through the bumper. Make sure you get everyone and then it should come right off.

Yeah, I got all the ones with the plastic covers on the bottom. I think it's the ones pointing down through the fender I missed. How do you get at them? I saw them pointing through where I got the other two bolts but couldn't see a way to get them so I didn't think they had to come out to get it off.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bandit1
There are the 2 nuts on the bottom up in the middle but there is another bracket in there thats easier to see thats not them they are tucked up and higher then the other 2. Then the 2 screws by the headlights, and the clips up top and bottom and then there are 2 more bolts that you have to get from the top inside the engine bay one by the battery and the other by the big bunch of wires and fuse holders. there are 2 access windows in the sides look inside you can barely see the bolt head its a 10mm and can be gotten with a socket extension and ratchet HTH

Ah, thats what I needed. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by rufretic
Yeah, I got all the ones with the plastic covers on the bottom. I think it's the ones pointing down through the fender I missed. How do you get at them? I saw them pointing through where I got the other two bolts but couldn't see a way to get them so I didn't think they had to come out to get it off.

Theres 3 on each side. I used a 1/4" ratchet, a long extension, and a swivel.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick help on front bumper removal