Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Wasn't grouping you guys with anyone. Just letting the few that were debating what MM had said because it had merrit to be sckepical of things until it arrives because he was speaking from a bad experience he had in a simular sittuation (Incon). And I am aware of your other kits that have been delivered and they look great. I have no real doughts, but was letting the few that couldn't understand why anyone would have any reservations and the reasons behind them etc... Can't wait to see some results from your kits.
No problem and I can understand why some guys might be a little sceptical as I have now read a few threads on turbo companies in the US letting many F body people down. I'm happy to sit back and just let our F body twin turbo system do the talking as I'm very confident that APS will deliver a very high quality twin turbo product as we have done for the GTO market. A few recent threads below for all who are interested in APS twin turbo systems.

Peter

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140687

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145572

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...64#post2407364

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145482

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143297

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144863

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141156

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144812

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144705

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141672
Old 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

now with the intercooler mounted, will the trans am have to cut the front or you design it better.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GrnDragon
My only concern with the kit is if the Turbos really will be efficient on a 427ci engine to be able to run about 12-15psi. From reading the other TT companies thread they seem to think that the turbos being used on this kit will not be big enough to support the claimed 900 RWHP.
The APS supplied turbos will easily support a 427 twin turbo engine and the turbos have sufficent mass air flow deliver (twin turbos combined for 100 lbs per minute mass air flow) for around 1000 HP flywheel (approx 850 rwhp) and I'm very confident that the F body twin turbos will be ideal for 408 and 427 cube engines.

I know this is probably a he said she said kind of situation, but I have read it a couple other times that the turbos included in this kit aren't that big. I know Peter gave us the specs for the turbos, but I'm new to the turbo scene and all those numbers didn't mean anything to me (I need to see actual data that shows what the turbos can do on a Large CI motor). That is my only reservation is putting money down on a system that I haven't seen any results for to know if it will support my NEEDS...
I guess different people have different perspectives on what's a small or large turbocharger...............imho you can easily go too large with turbos which creates far too much turbo lag for a daily driven car................I like to hit the gas in 5th gear at 2000 rpm and be pushed into the seat big time................it''s really all about how much power and torque you want under the curve.

Also, was there ever a price given for the fuel system?
APS has not yet developed an F body fuel system so I can't quote you any pricing yet.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
FormerVendor

Hi Guys, I just coaxed an engineering diagram (actual engineering model) of the F body twin turbo left hand side exhaust manifold from my friend in our engineering department. As you can see the F body twin turbo project is progressing very quickly and the production shell core/shell mould exhaust manifold tooling will be completed by mid May if our tool maker meets his quoted lead time, enjoy!

Peter

Old 03-28-2007, 12:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Hi Guys, I just coaxed an engineering diagram (actual engineering model) of the F body twin turbo left hand side exhaust manifold from my friend in our engineering department. As you can see the F body twin turbo project is progressing very quickly and the production shell core/shell mould exhaust manifold tooling will be completed by mid May if our tool maker meets his quoted lead time, enjoy!

Peter

No "if" I think you mean "when"
Nice pictrue by the way! What connects the manifold to the turbo? I imagained the manifold extending further down connecting directly to the turbo
Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
No "if" I think you mean "when"
Correct, the manifold tooling had better be finished by the due date.

Nice pictrue by the way! What connects the manifold to the turbo? I imagained the manifold extending further down connecting directly to the turbo
The turbo bolts directly to the flange that you see in the picture.............this way the turbos are above oil pan level and the turbos don't require the extra complexity of a scavenge pump to return the turbo lubricating oil to the engine.

Peter
Old 03-28-2007, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

Correct, the manifold tooling had better be finished by the due date.

The turbo bolts directly to the flange that you see in the picture.............this way the turbos are above oil pan level and the turbos don't require the extra complexity of a scavenge pump to return the turbo lubricating oil to the engine.

Peter
Sounds good, if it fits it fits is all I care.

I'm not a fan of scavenge pumps either. Another part to possibly fail and take out a ton of **** on it's way. Plus it looks cool as hell to drill and tap the oil pan with AN fittings and huge lines
Old 03-28-2007, 01:47 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds good, if it fits it fits is all I care.

I'm not a fan of scavenge pumps either. Another part to possibly fail and take out a ton of **** on it's way. Plus it looks cool as hell to drill and tap the oil pan with AN fittings and huge lines
The F body twin turbo system will fit like a hand made tailored suit.................that's for sure.

Peter
Old 03-28-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

BTW your manifolds look awefully similar to the Speed Inc TT manifolds (thats a good thing)

Their kit uses
GT35R or GT35R ball bearing turbochargers
PT67 P-trim ball bearing turbochargers
PT300-6152 61mm standard bearing turbochargers

How do these turbos compare to the turbos your kit will be offering?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

The F body twin turbo system will fit like a hand made tailored suit.................that's for sure.

Peter
I only wear Hugo Boss suits, and they fit me like a glove....I look forward to your kit
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peter

Right Click, Save As.... Woohoo! The pictures are starting! Ha ha. Thanks Peter! Looks good.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Banned

Def. looking good, cant wait to see some kits first hand
Old 03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for addressing my concern Peter, this kit just sounds like it may be perfect for my use in a street car with crazy power and easy/fun to drive.

I was looking at you website for the C5 kit and I noticed you sell a complete dual 3" SS exhaust system to go with your kit for the C5's, will there be any thought to offering the same thing for the Fbodys (BMR offers a panhard bar relocation kit to accommodate a dual 3" exhaust system)? I am VERY interested in the TT kit and if you decide to make them the fuel system and full exhaust system.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Launching!

So the turbos will be on the front side of the head? Will they be visible when the hood is popped? I'm trying to visualize what everything will look like.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

ss_girl
that is a left side picture
so no turbos will be on the back side of head( towards the rear of the car ) which is just like all the other ls style kits.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:15 PM
FormerVendor

BTW your manifolds look awefully similar to the Speed Inc TT manifolds (thats a good thing)
I have not seen that exhaust manifold (do you have a pic) though once you fit the K member our engineers and prototype techs tell me that's there's only really one practical position for the twin turbochargers.............we all have to work around the same physical space available for the turbochargers.

Peter
Old 03-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Coal Mining Director

I have not seen that exhaust manifold (do you have a pic) though once you fit the K member our engineers and prototype techs tell me that's there's only really one practical position for the twin turbochargers.............we all have to work around the same physical space available for the turbochargers.

Peter

Attached Thumbnails F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing 95 inc free delvery-img_1168-medium-.jpg   F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing 95 inc free delvery-img_1169-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Coal Mining Director

Peter

Peter,

I'll bet ya an Australian Coke the passenger side manifold plus turbo can not be installed as one assembly.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Coal Mining Director

.......with the engine in the car.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by onfire
Thanks for the pics. I see they are fabricated manifolds (look quite nice) though I have found over the years that fabricated manifolds never last very long in a turbo appliction unless the exhaust manifolds are made in from an inconel material which is crazy expensive and not affordable for a production twin turbo system. I'd rather spend the large sum of money once on high volume casting tooling and then cast the manifolds so that the twin turbo system remains affordable for mere mortals and to ensure a high degree of long term exhaust manifold durability.

Thanks,

Peter

Quick Reply: F Body intercooled twin turbo system - preliminary pricing $5495 inc free delvery