Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Let's talk about blower cams.......long!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk about blower cams.......long!

In this particular application I am referring to a cam meant to specifically work with a centrifugal blower. What are its advantages and disadvantages? Do they make as much power and torque while not in the boost as some of the more popular NA cams? I'm looking for something to be nice and powerful down low even before the boost kicks in and then become super efficient & powerful while in boost so as not to bleed off boost unnecessarily and get every last psi that I am tuned for. As for my application it would be replacing a 6+ year old cam that was designed to work with ported/polished LS1 heads, which comprised an Rx-450 package by The Vette Doctors many moons ago. I will not be changing out the heads and I am having a double roller timing chain installed along with a GM high perf oil pump and boost-a-pump for the fuel system. This along with my other mods already in my sig will comprise my new Rx-Spencer Of course this has all been discussed with my tuner, so please don't respond with the "I think you should talk with your tuner answer". I'm just looking for those with similar setups to comment on the total package and specifically the differences between a blower cam and a non-blower cam. FYI I am running a Procharger @ 7psi and am not forging the bottom end until I have to.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have made a lot of power with the Lingenfelter/Comp GT2-3 camshaft. It is in this Corvette C5 and is making 740 rwhp on our Mustang Chassis Dyno.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Bob
Old 03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We have made a lot of power with the Lingenfelter/Comp GT2-3 camshaft. It is in this Corvette C5 and is making 740 rwhp on our Mustang Chassis Dyno.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Bob
Awesome! I just wonder if that camshaft may be too much for my stock bottom end?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pewtavert
Awesome! I just wonder if that camshaft may be too much for my stock bottom end?
Nope, in fact, it works great in a stock bottom end. Just bought one myself.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bob achieved that # with 14lbs of boost, plus you have to consider that the GT2-3 is a really small cam. I think you are pretty safe with Bobs recommendations. That cam will also produce pretty good torque #s. If your going to use a safe amount of boost and that small cam your cool. Run meth if your worried.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a stock bottom end with headers and exhaust, and 8 psi of boost, the GT2-3 camshaft should give you an extra 30 to 40 rwhp as an average. Bob
Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
On a stock bottom end with headers and exhaust, and 8 psi of boost, the GT2-3 camshaft should give you an extra 30 to 40 rwhp as an average. Bob
Sounds good. Hopefully the bottom can handle 625+ RWHP. Does this cam add any torque?

Quick Reply: Let's talk about blower cams.......long!