Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Newbee at Turbos. Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newbee at Turbos. Will this work?

Well I have taken the plunge into the FI world and now I have questions. I have a 408 Iron block that I'm putting a S85 OFI turbo kit on. I have run into a little problem with money so my questions are;

1. Will a set of stock 6.0 liter heads work on my car? Will I have to change the springs or anything?

2. Does anyone have an idea of what size cam I should run? I will have the LS6 intake and stock trottle body. I will be going with a Versa Fueler and 96lbs injectors. This will be through a M-6 and 10bolt for now. What type of power will this set up make?

Any help would be greatly apprecieated. I did all the searching that I can do and sometimes it helped and other times the search didn't work (lol)
Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe you should save your money for a rear end, that 10bolt is not going to like the tq of a 85mm and 408.........
Old 03-12-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A set of stock 6.0l's will work fine, but you will need a mininum of comp 918 springs. If you do a cam depending on the lift it would be smart to do a set of patriot dual springs.

Cam size will depend on what your looking for out of the car. Here is a good guide on cam choice for a turbo application.

http://www.forcedinductions.com/help.htm
Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juiced
maybe you should save your money for a rear end, that 10bolt is not going to like the tq of a 85mm and 408.........
LOL yeah that was the plan but as I stated I had a family emergency that just about drained the funding for this project. I just want to get this thing going instead of setting out the whole season.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
A set of stock 6.0l's will work fine, but you will need a mininum of comp 918 springs. If you do a cam depending on the lift it would be smart to do a set of patriot dual springs.

Cam size will depend on what your looking for out of the car. Here is a good guide on cam choice for a turbo application.

http://www.forcedinductions.com/help.htm
Ok cool. Is that the only thing that will need to be changed in the heads or will the seats and all that other stuff need to be changed as well?

Quick Reply: Newbee at Turbos. Will this work?