63.81%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

will you be ordering one of the first aps TT kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will you be ordering one of the first aps TT kits

I want to order one of the new APS TT kits but i would like to get an idea of how many people are also looking to order this seeing as how there are only going to be 30 kits I would like to know what my chances are of getting one
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Teching In

From what he's said the turbos aren't going to be much of an improvement, if any, over a stage 3 Incon, so some of the interest will subside.

If you want a kit that bad AND have the cash, just stay in touch with him. If a hundred people have said they def will take one probably only 30 will come forward. Money talks and....
Old 03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

much of an improvement? Whats wrong with that...i did 820 on my incons with a 4l80e with the stock tiny intercoolers. I think the APS will do 900rwhp on a 6 speed fo show!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would like to be, but finances won't allow it at that time (getting married in july)

The only reservation I have is them going with a BMR K member, and not from a company like Griggs (who supplied the kit for the 4.6 mustang incon cars)

BMR K members don't have a perfect track record.

Ryan

Ryan
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
9 Second Club

BMR kmembers suck....i only got 45000 miles on my BMR kmember so far on my 3900# daily driver that has never seen less than 700rwhp....I think you heard about a FEW probs and not the BUNCHES that were/are sold with no probs. Lee at BMR is a class act.

Last edited by cablebandit; 03-14-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cablebandit
much of an improvement? Whats wrong with that...i did 820 on my incons with a 4l80e with the stock tiny intercoolers. I think the APS will do 900rwhp on a 6 speed fo show!
The twin turbos have just on a 100 lbs per minute mass air flow so I would not be surprized to see around 850 to 900 rwhp from the APS F body twin system on the right engine with thorough tuning. The turbine side flow is quite large also so these F body turbos will work very efficiently on larger cube LSx engines.

Peter
Old 03-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Teching In

I think it will be a nice piece and for that price is hard to beat so I am going to be all over this offer and I think alot of people would agree with me but hopefully I can be one of the lucky ones that gets to see how it performs and i would definitely have a nice write up of the whole system and how it performs and whatnot
Old 03-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Well I think the APS kit will be superior to Incon because of improved manu-process/materials/engineering and because it's available new from a viable company.

I'm just pointing out that current Incon ownwers who are looking for a quantum leap in potential might not find it here until larger turbos can be retofitted - like you did

Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

I plan to be on the list! I have wanted TT since Incon and never had the means back then. Well it is going to happen this year!!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Over_Clocked
Well I think the APS kit will be superior to Incon because of improved manu-process/materials/engineering and because it's available new from a viable company.

I'm just pointing out that current Incon ownwers who are looking for a quantum leap in potential might not find it here until larger turbos can be retofitted - like you did

ahh...gotcha...you are right...not a big enuff leap for current incon owners. I almost didnt go OFI kit until i saw they offered a t-6 flange which would offer a big enuff leap over my incon.

Watch the vette kit results....should be a preview to what the fbody crowd can expect
Old 03-14-2007, 09:08 AM
9 Second Club

ahh...gotcha...you are right...not a big enuff leap for current incon owners. I almost didnt go OFI kit until i saw they offered a t-6 flange which would offer a big enuff leap over my incon.

Watch the vette kit results....should be a preview to what the fbody crowd can expect
Go custom and you don't have to wait as long!
How is it coming J.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Old 03-14-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think i'll be one of the 1st 30, it isn't my style to be the first kid on the block. I want to see people who get the kit and give their real comments on it.

Biggest thing APS has going for them is that we finally seem to have a reputable company at an affordable price. I have yet to see a negative comment on the Corvette Forum about them.

My only concern is the single IC on a non-modified bumper for a TA. I am real skeptical right now about it's efficiency.....Other than that it is hard not to get excited; great power, cast iron manifolds, twin turbo, stealth appearance, retain all accessories, and success in the LSx world
Old 03-14-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
I don't think i'll be one of the 1st 30, it isn't my style to be the first kid on the block. I want to see people who get the kit and give their real comments on it.

Biggest thing APS has going for them is that we finally seem to have a reputable company at an affordable price. I have yet to see a negative comment on the Corvette Forum about them.

My only concern is the single IC on a non-modified bumper for a TA. I am real skeptical right now about it's efficiency.....Other than that it is hard not to get excited; great power, cast iron manifolds, twin turbo, stealth appearance, retain all accessories, and success in the LSx world
I agree completely. I am very much wanting to see pics of the f-bod kit and see the cold side setup.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98PontiacTA
I think it will be a nice piece and for that price is hard to beat so I am going to be all over this offer and I think alot of people would agree with me but hopefully I can be one of the lucky ones that gets to see how it performs and i would definitely have a nice write up of the whole system and how it performs and whatnot
I'm sure that you will find the enginering behind the F body twin turbo product to be very sound and the quality of the APS twin turbo parts to be first class which is always out aim. At the $5495 price inc free door to door freight (the freight cost is over $500) this fully engineered intercooled twin turbo system with precison Japanese Mitsubishi water cooled turbochargers has to be the bargain of the century imho so I sincerely hope that you're one of the lucky 30 customers who takes advantage of this awesome twin turbo deal.

Peter
Old 03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Teching In

hey peter do you have any pictures of the intercooler installed on the test car yet? Or for that matter anyother pictures or info
Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Over_Clocked
From what he's said the turbos aren't going to be much of an improvement, if any, over a stage 3 Incon, so some of the interest will subside.
Newer engineering and the kit will be available. There are plenty of folks out there who would order an Incon kit if it were still being manufactured. I think those folks will be very happy with the APS kit.
Originally Posted by Hugger Z
I plan to be on the list! I have wanted TT since Incon and never had the means back then. Well it is going to happen this year!!!!
Congrats Tony. I think you'll be very happy with it. There is nothing like TT's.

Originally Posted by peter@aps
At the $5,495 price inc free door to door freight .... the bargain of the century imho
And in my humble opinion too.

After all the Mickey Mouse turbo vendors that have shanghaied our members over the last few years I'm frankly breath taken that some people are being so unappreciative about a company that has a good track record and who is spending big bucks doing R&D on a turbo kit for a car that hasn't even been made in several years. Good grief.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

this is going to be 1 sweet kit and i dont see any problems in the future, this is a HIGHLY reputable company IMO
Old 03-15-2007, 08:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdhmi
Congrats Tony. I think you'll be very happy with it. There is nothing like TT's.
Thanks Mark and mum's the word over on Motown Muscle for now until I have the kit in my hands. And yeah I have been hooked on TT for years now and am finally able to do it now. I can't wait to hear that beautiful turbo spool noise!! Music to my ears and cause of much permagrin!!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

BMR kmembers suck....i only got 45000 miles on my BMR kmember so far on my 3900# daily driver that has never seen less than 700rwhp....I think you heard about a FEW probs and not the BUNCHES that were/are sold with no probs. Lee at BMR is a class act.
While some of the earlier designs had issues, the latest BMR crossmember seems to be doing quite well on the street.

Quick Reply: will you be ordering one of the first aps TT kits