Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Official STS help thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Official STS help thread

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread just for the STS kit. I know that there's all sorts of questions and ideas to help these kits work better so I thought I would make an official thread just for it.

Anyone feel free to post any questions you have and hopefully my fellow STS brothers and my self can help out
Old 03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

For those of you running valve cover breathers where are you running your return line? I'm thinking about running it to one of the ports on the drivers side valve cover.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also, what are sts guys doing for their pcv setups? i've seen countless threads on pcv, but no one shows their setup w/ an sts kit. and i dont really like the idea of a breather on the oil fill cap, so any alternatives?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
also, what are sts guys doing for their pcv setups? i've seen countless threads on pcv, but no one shows their setup w/ an sts kit. and i dont really like the idea of a breather on the oil fill cap, so any alternatives?
My plan is to run the return line to the passenger side rear valve cover port. Run both ports from the valve covers to a t-fitting then to a cc with a breather. Run a line from the cc to the intake manifold and cap the TB off. This seems to be the easiest way to run a PCY system on the STS systems.

John
Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
Ask and ye shall receive

Here's a couple pics. All I have for now, as the car's in Seattle and I'm in Iraq

Here's the PCV lines from the valve cover and the STS bypass switch

From the valve cover it runs to an AMW catchcan. The can seems to dissipate the crankcase pressure. Sure you could add a breather to the catchcan, but I haven't had a need for this. From the can it runs back to the STS pressure switch and then into the PCV valve.

Here's a pic of the Catchcan. It's located next to the radiator by the AIR pump breather. The lines run along the top of the radiator to and from the can.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

here is the biggest help and best advice i can give on STS..

DONT BUY IT UNLESS YOU LIKE PROBLEMS AND HEADACHES...

and thats my opinion..
Old 03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
here is the biggest help and best advice i can give on STS..

DONT BUY IT UNLESS YOU LIKE PROBLEMS AND HEADACHES...

and thats my opinion..
Like they say opinion's are like *** holes everyone's got one. Thanks for the useless info
Old 03-15-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

actually its not useless.. some people really dont know a thing about them.. just hear they are bolt on and go... but find out there is a A LOT more to it... so no its not useless..
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
actually its not useless.. some people really dont know a thing about them.. just hear they are bolt on and go... but find out there is a A LOT more to it... so no its not useless..

every system has a catch to them, no matter what you buy,sts prolly aint the best but im willing to try it,and after im done installing it if you wanna put ur money where ur mouth is ill for sure show you they arent that bad of a system
Old 03-15-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the product is presented the right way and the customer knows pros and cons as well as ALL necessary parts, then the only other issue is someone that can install everything to work as designed. IMO, 90% of the issues are due to the installer.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trtturbo
If the product is presented the right way and the customer knows pros and cons as well as ALL necessary parts, then the only other issue is someone that can install everything to work as designed. IMO, 90% of the issues are due to the installer.
true that. look at me for instance, i paid TRT and got a 503rwhp on 5.5psi car and im very happy with it

and to GR33N GoblinM6, this is an STS thread only, if you want to flame someone, go to seatsstayup.com
Old 03-15-2007, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by trans2000am
every system has a catch to them, no matter what you buy,sts prolly aint the best but im willing to try it,and after im done installing it if you wanna put ur money where ur mouth is ill for sure show you they arent that bad of a system

Hey now, why do you have to pick on a poor bolt on 98 car. Why don't you show me its not that bad of a system.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Resident

i see in the picture above and I don't mean to change the subject, but where in the hell do yall find these upper radiator supports? i can only find the one that BMR makes...and I don't like it cuz it has two humps.... lol. I want the one hump at the radiator and then smooth to the body like above.. cuz I want to paint on a Black bird centered on it
Old 03-16-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by losiguy
Hey now, why do you have to pick on a poor bolt on 98 car. Why don't you show me its not that bad of a system.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
i see in the picture above and I don't mean to change the subject, but where in the hell do yall find these upper radiator supports? i can only find the one that BMR makes...and I don't like it cuz it has two humps.... lol. I want the one hump at the radiator and then smooth to the body like above.. cuz I want to paint on a Black bird centered on it
I just run the LT1 radiator support, looks stock and its cheap.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh yea im pretty sure me and you will be running each other about a thousand times this summer,hopefully my rearend will hold up
Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

oh yea im pretty sure me and you will be running each other about a thousand times this summer,hopefully my rearend will hold up
chances are if he's running a p1sc, he's running a forged block already. That's no different than any FI/nitrous ls1 car picking on a stock one.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

most likely ...back and forth, mod after mod. Should be interesting. After all the trash talking has been done I can't wait to see how that T/A sounds. Im sure it will move good.

I know you and Al don't like Livernois, but you may have a thing or 2 to watch out for this summer.

Your rear end should hold up. Take it easy on the 1.4 60's.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1

Good numbers on 5.5 PSI though. Stock Motor? TRT has there **** togethor.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

most likely ...back and forth, mod after mod. Should be interesting. After all the trash talking has been done I can't wait to see how that T/A sounds. Im sure it will move good.

I know you and Al don't like Livernois, but you may have a thing or 2 to watch out for this summer.

Your rear end should hold up. Take it easy on the 1.4 60's.

nothing really against livernois just had a couple buddies get screwed by them,so we deside to take are business somewhere else no bad blood, yea 1.4 60's more like gonna be 2.4 60's,but cant wait till summer

Quick Reply: Official STS help thread