Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

magna charged F-body

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default magna charged F-body

why don't I hardly ever see a magna charged F-body (vette style roots type blower)?

I'm thinking people don't want to cut there cars.(cowl & inside of hood).

I like the roots style blower for it's lack of maintainance. compared to pro chargers.
Attached Thumbnails magna charged F-body-magna-charged-fbody.jpg  
Old 03-15-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks pretty sick! Im guessing you got it right with people not wanting to cut stuff up to get it to fit. Id do it though.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=roots

this kit has barely any cutting involved...none that is noticeable from above
Old 03-15-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

the only other one I've sean was a ws6 w/ a hole the size of the blower in the hood.

besides the cutting of body it seams like this would be a easy true bolton install .

anyone here done this?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm surprised people didn't jump all over this kit by the dozens
Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I might be headed down that road by the end of the year. Either that or a procharger.

They make wonderful sounds, and great low end.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default link

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=roots

this kit has barely any cutting involved...none that is noticeable from above
thanks for the link I've been reading some of it.

I think that is a vette C5 magna charger w/ vertical IC. only read a few pages though.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If your not going to go with a centrifugal, a roots blower is a bad idea IMO...might
as well slap on a twin screw and be done with it.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:48 AM
Launching!

I got one of these kits. The only place that I know of that sell them for F-bodys is LM Speed, and it's not really cheap at over $6k, but still doable. It does require some cutting and welding. I'd post pics of my finished product, but I'm still waiting on the last box of parts with the installation instructions, and the EFI Live base tune files to get it started from Ed at LM Speed. When I get this stuff, I'll get it done and post some pics ASAP. I have the magnacharger in hand and some of the install hardware, just waiting on the last box of it. No I don't own my own shop, just a retail customer that wanted to try this kit.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:06 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by badmfkr
why don't I hardly ever see a magna charged F-body (vette style roots type blower)?

I'm thinking people don't want to cut there cars.(cowl & inside of hood).

I like the roots style blower for it's lack of maintainance. compared to pro chargers.
Why do you think a roots style of blower is going to have less maintainance than a ProCharger? Bob
Old 03-16-2007, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default roots

Originally Posted by farmdawg
I got one of these kits. The only place that I know of that sell them for F-bodys is LM Speed, and it's not really cheap at over $6k, but still doable. It does require some cutting and welding. I'd post pics of my finished product, but I'm still waiting on the last box of parts with the installation instructions, and the EFI Live base tune files to get it started from Ed at LM Speed. When I get this stuff, I'll get it done and post some pics ASAP. I have the magnacharger in hand and some of the install hardware, just waiting on the last box of it. No I don't own my own shop, just a retail customer that wanted to try this kit.
Looks like you have a hobby shop at you're desposal.

are you a jet pilot?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

farmdawg: I am sure everyone here would really like to see some detailed pics of the installation and I am really curious in this kit from LM speed. I like root style, but I do not really want to do that much custom work to get a kit on there. I am just wanting to know how much a PITA this kit will be to install. Either way I am sure you will like this kit, and I have not seen good pics on cutting and other tricks to get this to fit. I just need someons opinion on the kit, besides the people selling it.

Besides the incredible power outputs of a procharger, IMO how easy they are to install is one of their best attributes
Old 03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badmfkr
Looks like you have a hobby shop at you're desposal.

are you a jet pilot?
Not at all; my other car is a bulldozer. I operate heavy equipment. If I can find the time to get this done between some pretty big projects at work, I know that I can take some good pics. I may have to use a local shop to get this done depending on work and if I can get some time off.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by H21surfer
farmdawg: I am sure everyone here would really like to see some detailed pics of the installation and I am really curious in this kit from LM speed. I like root style, but I do not really want to do that much custom work to get a kit on there. I am just wanting to know how much a PITA this kit will be to install. Either way I am sure you will like this kit, and I have not seen good pics on cutting and other tricks to get this to fit. I just need someons opinion on the kit, besides the people selling it.

Besides the incredible power outputs of a procharger, IMO how easy they are to install is one of their best attributes
I'll do my best to give some detailed pics and let everyone know how much of a PITA this kit is to install, I'm no welder and right now that's going to be the most costly and difficult part to get done if I can manage to do it myself. Ed tells me that it is only a small patch panel that is covered by the plastic trim on the cowl so the patch is never really seen, all he does is tack it in inseveral places and then put a bead of silicone around it to seal it. My car does not have the lowered K-member and the suspension is all stock for now, no plans to lower the k-member in the future either. I'll let everyone know how it goes as soon as I can get a hold of Ed and get the last parts. He's been gone for almost two weeks now. Probably on vacation or something.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Veteran

I was wanting to do this kit as well. I have had the magnacharger on my C6 and had a P1SC from A&A Corvette on my C5. I wanted to get this kit from LM Speed but they never returned my 3 emails I sent so, I am moving on to another setup. Never answered the phone either. My dad delt with EPP with his new rear end jsut recently (Monday) and if I go F/I its going to be with those guys, or the new APS TT Kit. Right now I am shopping lol.

I liked my Maggie though over all, even more then the ATI it had a nice flat power curve and made over 400RWTQ at 2200 rpm's ( i like low and midrange power), and peaked around 450 at 4500 where the HP took over. It was a hand full, I loved it. The ATI's power is great and can be upgraded and increased with a few changes. If it wasn't for the fact I gotta cut my hood I would be all over the maggie. But right now its looking more like the ATI everyday. Both are great kits, jsut depends on where you like your power to be at really.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
I was wanting to do this kit as well. I have had the magnacharger on my C6 and had a P1SC from A&A Corvette on my C5. I wanted to get this kit from LM Speed but they never returned my 3 emails I sent so, I am moving on to another setup. Never answered the phone either. My dad delt with EPP with his new rear end jsut recently (Monday) and if I go F/I its going to be with those guys, or the new APS TT Kit. Right now I am shopping lol.

I liked my Maggie though over all, even more then the ATI it had a nice flat power curve and made over 400RWTQ at 2200 rpm's ( i like low and midrange power), and peaked around 450 at 4500 where the HP took over. It was a hand full, I loved it. The ATI's power is great and can be upgraded and increased with a few changes. If it wasn't for the fact I gotta cut my hood I would be all over the maggie. But right now its looking more like the ATI everyday. Both are great kits, jsut depends on where you like your power to be at really.
I agree completely. I want the low-mid range power more than anything else. We have no track here to test it. This summer when the superferry opens, I could get it to Maui and race it there for some testing. I'm not excited about cutting my hood, but I spent enough money to get the thing that I'm gonna make it work. I haven't been able to get Ed on the phone for over two weeks now, he still has the last box that I desperately need, and no answers to email either. Either he's out of town testing, and working on someone elses kit, or vacation or something. I'm starting to gt a little stressed over this. i can't wait to get it installed and on the road with all of the new found hp/tq. It's about time to fry some tires off this ride.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:41 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

This dyno sheet is from a 2005 LS2 GTO that had Kooks headers and a Corsa catback, along with our ATI ProCharger D-1SC kit. This is with only 7.5 psi of boost. Bob
Old 03-17-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think I am going to end up calling EPP, in the next few months. I just cant seeing this magnacharger kit being easy to install, and I have already been down that road. Trying to fit those root style superchargers in places they dont belone is hell. As much as i like the looks of the kit, and the design, I still cant picture myself being able to install this with out at least a couple weeks of problem solving.

I still want to see the installaion, and I wish the best of luck on it. I hope you can prove me wrong about it.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Why do you think a roots style of blower is going to have less maintainance than a ProCharger? Bob
There's no oil to change for one...
Old 03-17-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default maggie

Originally Posted by AlphaEden
There's no oil to change for one...
Thanks alphaeden

The PC is a very nice sys. but the maintainance every 6-8K miles is extra work.

plus being forced to use there fluid can get costly.

Quick Reply: magna charged F-body