Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnuson Roots Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnuson Roots Kit

How many hours labour to installl the Magnuson blower from LM Speed????

Anybody got final #'s for this kit????

Thx

Was deciding between Procharger and Turbo, now I start reading about this???
Old 03-22-2007, 08:01 AM
FormerVendor

As far as I know, none of the first batch of kits that have been sent out have been installed yet. I have a few customers waiting on parts so they can do everything at once.

I have installed several, and it takes us about 10 hours to install. An average guy working at his home garage with basic tolls should be able to easily install one over a weekend.

On an M/T equipped car, yoiu should easily see 500 RWHP, you could pickup another 50 HP or so by doing a cam swap at the same time.
If you have any specific questions, or would like to see some photos, just let me know.
Thanks
Ed
Old 03-22-2007, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed, say for instance I purchased your kit. I have a cam only + bolt on's car that already has a custom tune. Would/could you just tweek the tune...timing, fuel ect....for your blower? What would you do with my pcm?

Thanks

Brian
Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

are there different size pulleys for the Maggie kits ? what kind of boost will they handle ?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Veteran

I jsut bought this kit from Ed, he will be installing mine before i get back from Iraq. great guy to deal with. I had a maggie on my C6 and you can change the pulley size for more boost. From what I understand they can get up to 10lbs. My C6 with 5 lbs made 475RWHP/453RWTQ (over 400 ft lbs at 2300 RPMS) with just my maggie and a set of headers and cats through a stock cat back. Stay tuned

Last edited by bd mnky; 03-22-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by red fury
Ed, say for instance I purchased your kit. I have a cam only + bolt on's car that already has a custom tune. Would/could you just tweek the tune...timing, fuel ect....for your blower? What would you do with my pcm?

Thanks

Brian
i would imagine if you have a good tuner he would do a update, but seeing as how you will be adding boost, you will most likely have to pay more money. tuning boost is always somewhat difficult from what i understand
Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

99Z what size injectors are you running with your setup? I like your STS kit, your video is cool too.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by red fury

Thanks

Brian

Your current tune would be a good starting point for a custom tune, but for a mail order tune, you would probably be a little better off with a copy of a car I've tuned in-house. If you're already working with a tuner shop, and they've tuned your car before, they won't have a ton of extra time tuning for a Magnuson. Feel free to give me a call if I can answer any questions for you.

There are smaller pulleys available I believe 2.9 or 2.8 is the smallest. I typically use a 3.1 to see 7PSI. 9-10 PSI is about max out of a 112, but to get there involves custom tuning, pulley, and probably a meth kit.

Ed
Old 03-23-2007, 01:29 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
I jsut bought this kit from Ed, he will be installing mine before i get back from Iraq. great guy to deal with. I had a maggie on my C6 and you can change the pulley size for more boost. From what I understand they can get up to 10lbs. My C6 with 5 lbs made 475RWHP/453RWTQ (over 400 ft lbs at 2300 RPMS) with just my maggie and a set of headers and cats through a stock cat back. Stay tuned

Thanks alot Damon, I should have the car here tomorrow night and we'll start on it right away.If you like, I can share some photos as we go?? Might be a good thread for the sponsor project section? LEt me know if you want to do something like that and I'll take care of it.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 03-23-2007, 05:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Feel free to use the photos for the sponser project. I think this setup we are going to do will be very interesting
Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

That sounds great! I'm sure people would like to see pics of this install from start to finish!

I'll start a thread in the sponsor projects section, and post a link here.

Thanks for all of the support,
Ed
Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

I would like to see the dyno graphs.

Quick Reply: Magnuson Roots Kit