Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fmu

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fmu

Can anyone explain FMUs to me. I do have a idea of what they do but what the difference of the 6:1 and 8:1 and 10:1 what do those numbers represent and the differences between them I have my motor built and im putting boost to it I am aiming for 12 to 14 psi on a 383 LT1 all forged built by golen engines (thumbs up to customer service) but I am putting the kit together and doing as much research as possible to ensure the most effective and best running setup.

I know how everything esle works but im still in the air on the fuel setup I will be running duel walboro setup with a boost refrenced switch to the second pump AFPR and 60lbs injectors now with a good tune do i need the FMU or should I have that and tuned and if so whats the difference in the numbers.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

With large injectors you do no need, or want an FMU. An FMU is a tool to allow forced induction to be installed on some engines without touching engine management. An FMU raises fuel pressure at some preset ratio with boost. Its basically an auxillary fuel pressure regulator that installs after the factory regulator. Raising the fuel pressure at a high rate under boost forces more fuel through the factory injector. Its hard on fuel pumps and only has rudimentary fine tuning capabilities.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Thanks thats what i thought I was just wondering about the numbers to them I plan on not getting one and just having a fuel system supportive to the power
Old 03-28-2007, 10:38 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its the ratio of boost to fuel pressure increase, 10:1 FMU is 1 psi of boost = 10psi of fuel pressure. In theory anyhow..

Quick Reply: Fmu