Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

6 Bolt AFR heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jim, we will be using a stud that has 7/16 thread into the aluminum then tapers down to 3/8 for the fastener, this is the same system we use on a BB chevy and has worked well in the past.

Nasty, You would be better off to just buy a All Pro or ET 6 bolt head from the start, but I already own these heads and have lots of time making them work for me in the past, so I decided to take the next step.

David, I was going to just give you my block and heads last week, but I could not find your phone number so I decided to keep them!!

Tony, I had to weld the deck up on these heads when they were new to make them work for my intended use and they did great(1700hp-6 second 1/4). I have access to a process that works for me and many others for head repair. You are right that the heads in stock form can make 4 digit power, but I want the first digit to be a "2", and stock they don't have a chance.

Kurt
Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427
You are right that the heads in stock form can make 4 digit power, but I want the first digit to be a "2", and stock they don't have a chance.
Kurt

Thats an awsome Sig Quote right there Kurt......

Thanks for the reply.... I PMed ET Performance on a set.....

Kyle
Old 04-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 427
Tony, I had to weld the deck up on these heads when they were new to make them work for my intended use and they did great(1700hp-6 second 1/4). I have access to a process that works for me and many others for head repair. You are right that the heads in stock form can make 4 digit power, but I want the first digit to be a "2", and stock they don't have a chance.

Kurt
Sounds like a winner to me Kurt....LOL

And I agree a four bolt arrangement wouldn't suffice with a "2" in front of the four digits...

If you welded up a bare casting I could have sent it to heat treat for you after you were done machining it. If you want to blow the guides and seats out when your done I could probably still help you with that.

Either way good luck hitting the duece figure your trying to achieve.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tony, Thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind. You guys thinking of adding a 6 bolt head to your lineup?

Kurt
Old 04-14-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

don't tease me... you know i'm a good source for destructive testing and i have reasonable rates
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kurt, i did the same welding on the inside of my afr's. helped alot. i think i talked to you about it a couple years ago.
i found my car to work |(on spray) well with the heads welded, the copper spray on the gaskets, and l-19's tq'ed to like 90ft pounds, i pushed no water last year, and made just under 1,000 rwhp with spray. i think with 2 extra bolts we may be good
let me know how this works out because i may do the same to mine if it works. i also have some $$ into my afr's, and my pistions are being made to fit the cc of the head, so if it works, a little welding, and im good to go..

good luck with the 2,xxx!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 6 Bolt AFR heads