Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Custom Turbo Set Up. Will It Work

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Turbo Set Up. Will It Work

hi guys im from australia and own a holden commodore ss, its auto and has an ls1.. currently has a 222/224 comp cam and is make 258rwkw..

Now im thinking of building up my own turbo system for the car.. im planning on doing a single turbo setup using the stock manifolds.. in theory i was going to use 2 right sided manifolds and turn one around for the left side and make a pipe of that with a flange and bolt it to the turbo.. the other manifold will face its normal direction and a custom crossover pipe will join it to the left sided manifold..

Other things that are needed are bigger injectors, fuel pump, map sensor, blow off valve and retune.. of course intercooler and piping including mating up the dump pipe to the exhaust system..

can any one recommend a decent sized turbo that would be good to use in this kind of application.. im only looking at street use, im not chasing massive power figures..

Im looking at this project as some fun and a challenge hence why i wanna try do it myself instead of buying an of the shelf kit..

Thanks
Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

a turbonetics 67mm turbo with mps wheel should work well and be easy to package
Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

I'm not sure about the clearance on the Holdens, but have you looked into possibly using truck manifolds instead?