Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

SDCE kit question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SDCE kit question

What is the proper way to mount the SDCE 7.250 pulley to the ATI balancer (917276)?

The only bolts exposed on the ATI damper are the three 12pt bolts that keep the balancer together

If I look at the 4 rib pulley part of the balancer (rear section) I can see the 3 threaded holes. However, they don't go all the way throught to the front. The 6 rib pulley shell (front section) has them blocked off.

Am I supposed to drill throught the balancer for these three holes? If so, then the SDCE pulley wouldn't sit flush against the ATI as it would rest on hte 12 pts that are still in there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

The bolts holding the a/c pulley to the balancer are 5/16". There are a set of 3/8" holes also tapped in the a/c pulley. Remove the 5/16" bolts holding on the a/c pulley, clock the a/c pulley so the 3/8" holes line up with the 3/8" holes tapped in the balancer (the 5/16" bolts actually passed through these holes). Bolt the blower pulley on to the balancer using 3/8" bolts that are long enough to pass through the balancer and also screw into the a/c pulley. Hold the whole assembly tightly together when threading in the bolts.

Blame the entire procedure on ATI as they removed the original pulley mounting holes from their balancers several months ago for no good reason.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by andereck
The bolts holding the a/c pulley to the balancer are 5/16". There are a set of 3/8" holes also tapped in the a/c pulley. Remove the 5/16" bolts holding on the a/c pulley, clock the a/c pulley so the 3/8" holes line up with the 3/8" holes tapped in the balancer (the 5/16" bolts actually passed through these holes). Bolt the blower pulley on to the balancer using 3/8" bolts that are long enough to pass through the balancer and also screw into the a/c pulley. Hold the whole assembly tightly together when threading in the bolts.

Blame the entire procedure on ATI as they removed the original pulley mounting holes from their balancers several months ago for no good reason.
Awesome. Thanks so much.

I was just a little leary about taking the damper apart.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just an update on what I did.

I got 2.5" long fully threaded grade 8 hex head zinc plated 3/8 bolts that I got from Macmaster-carr.

I disconnected the 4 rib pulley from the back of the 6 rib balencer, rotated to where the holes line up and then placed the SDCE 8 rib pulley on the top.

I then installed the 3/8 bolts and washers to connect the entire assembly. I use blue loctite and torqued these to 28 ft-lbs.

I don't plan to connec the blower just yet. I want to run the car with the new fuel setup and ATI balencer first to ensure there are no problems so I can sure there are no problems.

Did I do this right? Does anyone think this will be an issue?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** i nee to change my set up. I did this wrong... but it seems like the AC blots are holding up fine.

Quick Reply: SDCE kit question