Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Intake suggestions for my street Twin Turbo set-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Intake suggestions for my street Twin Turbo set-up

Ok heres the deal. Most of you guys know my set up here from my build threads, for those of you that don't, just a small T3 twin set up on my stock ls1 for now. Car is a street car, not track by any means. I ran into a few issues trying to get it tuned and still have to work a few bugs out..... reroute wastegates, screw in IAT, leaky turbos, etc. While at this i was thinking... needing a screw in IAT.... means stuff will blow out rather easy with this boost. I totally forgot that when i sent my LS1 intake out for true fire paint by Stryker that the clip holding my MAP sensor got busted off. Now i'm worried when i go to get it tuned that the MAP will blow out.... So maybe now if a good time to upgrade intakes... So with that info, lets here it. Basically not an all out race car needing every ounce of power, but i obviously want good power all over for the street and such...I'm already sensing i'll get a lot of LS6 suggestions but..... Let here it!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah use the LS6... you can get 700rwhp out of it and get great driveability
Old 04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Superman09
Ok heres the deal. Most of you guys know my set up here from my build threads, for those of you that don't, just a small T3 twin set up on my stock ls1 for now. Car is a street car, not track by any means. I ran into a few issues trying to get it tuned and still have to work a few bugs out..... reroute wastegates, screw in IAT, leaky turbos, etc. While at this i was thinking... needing a screw in IAT.... means stuff will blow out rather easy with this boost. I totally forgot that when i sent my LS1 intake out for true fire paint by Stryker that the clip holding my MAP sensor got busted off. Now i'm worried when i go to get it tuned that the MAP will blow out.... So maybe now if a good time to upgrade intakes... So with that info, lets here it. Basically not an all out race car needing every ounce of power, but i obviously want good power all over for the street and such...I'm already sensing i'll get a lot of LS6 suggestions but..... Let here it!
I went with the ls6, i think it's hard to beat for the price (used).

I used an adhesive silicone on my map for fear of it coming out. I also used the stock IAT with same silicone.

I have a brand new screw in IAT you can have if you want, I'm not going to use it.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ALready have the screw in IAT and bung, just need to weld the bung on, thanks though code! I figured many would suggest the LS6 and i believe that is probably my best choice but wanted to hear your opinions as well. I believe the victor style is way too much/unnecesary for my needs....

Old 04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LS6 for a street car. I prefer the Carb intakes though when Turbo's are used.

You can easilly fix your current intake by taping the MAP hole 1/4 pipe and ussing a barb fitting.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yea, i've read a few things about the carbs actually losing a bit of power and i don't think my set up is radical enough to really utilize what it works best at... I think LS6 is what i'll do or attempt tp fix mine for time being. Keep the info flowing however!

Slowhawk- don't understand how taping for a barbed fitting will help keep my current MAP in there? Maybe i'm just out of it today but don't really comprehend. My map is in there just doesnt have the clip to keep it secure so i'm worried with boost it will just blow out!

Old 05-18-2007, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have back to back dyno testing with the LS1 vs. the LS6 intake or the LS6 vs. a CARB style or FAST. I 'THINK' the LS6 will work better too but will it only make an extra 10rwhp or 30? You know shops have to dyno these kinds of things but won't tell anyone. I had a shop try to withhold their PCV 'secret'. I asked them if they would tell me if I guessed it. I guessed it right on the first try and they confirmed it. The point is that it wasn't even that big of a deal. What do they gain by telling everyone? Their shop gets credit for letting people know how to not blow up their engines faster. What do they lose though? Nothing.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jon, I recommend (and use myself) the LS6 intake. I have not had any issues with mine, including any MAP sensor coming out. I have run 10 psi in my intake and not a bit of problems with it. You might put a bit of adhesive silicone on you map sensor, but I dont plan on tapping mine.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tapping for the map as in tapping the intake with 1/4" hose bard fitting then running a vacuum line from that to the bard on the map sensor.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

I posted a ls6 vs Victor jr. on same boost. Go with the ls6 IMO.

Quick Reply: Intake suggestions for my street Twin Turbo set-up