Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Comparison on intake manifolds Carb vs. FAST vs. LS6 vs. LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Comparison on intake manifolds Carb vs. FAST vs. LS6 vs. LS1

I did a search but I can only find threads on people running these intakes and not a comparison between them. I know better flowing intakes affect all motor cars. I was wondering how much it differed with forced induction, namely turbo, cars.

Anyone know or have any links to threads doing back to back dyno comparisons? I have stage 2 CNC'd 6.0L heads and was running an LS1 intake. It took me 15lbs to make 600rwhp on a T-67 log kit. I went to an LS6 intake to hopefully allow me to run the same hp with less boost to help out cylinder pressures. Then I decided to sell the kit and keep the intake while I'm all motor for awhile. I'm probably going to build a front facing truck manifold kit with a T-76 soon and was wondering if I should keep the LS6 or go back to the LS1.

My thinking is if the LS6 is good for 15rwhp, then it should be good for approximately 20rwhp at 5lbs, 25rwhp at 10lbs and 30rwhp at 15lbs of boost. I should only have to run 10 or 11 lbs with the T-76 kit to achieve 600rwhp so I could run the LS1 manifold, sell the LS6 for $300 and only have to lose 1lb of boost to stay at 600rwhp which will still be 3 or 4lbs less than it took with the log kit. Just not sure if that theory is correct becuse I might gain alot more than I think because of my ported heads. I don't want my intake to choke my heads.

Quick Reply: Comparison on intake manifolds Carb vs. FAST vs. LS6 vs. LS1