Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

A&A Vortech SQ being installed today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&A Vortech SQ being installed today.

Well after so much research and weighing the pros and cons I decided to go with the Vortech A&A kit. I wanted the turbos so bad at first but after really thinking about what I wanted to do I decided the SC was a better choice.

I really like doing hot laps at road coarses. The SC has a CARB number on it and I can have it removed for a couple hundred bucks when I'm done with the car and go back to stock relatively easy. The linear nature of the centris is easier to drive fast. I don't want to have to wait til I have the car straight again to get on the gas. Also turbos are heat monsters and it is would be very difficult to keep cool for more than 3 laps. Didn't want to have no cats either.

The cost. For me the vortech is just slightly more than 1/2 the price of a turbo set up installed. Since my car will be limited to 500rwhp anway I'm not seeing the huge advantage of the turbos. I think if you are going built motor or just want to do 1/4 mile runs turbos are perfect. At around $35 per horsepower installed, you just can't beat the SC.

I chose it over the procharger for a couple reasons. First the oil has no way to cool. They are way more noisy, and the intercooler for the C6 kit is way too big and blocks all airflow to the radiator and AC condenser. It gets up to 100 in the summer where I live so there is no way I can go without AC. That's just unacceptable.

Now that the kit is being installed I'm even more sure I made the right decision. I really don't see myslef spending another 10k+ for a built motor to make 700hp, plus another 3k+ for a new tranny and rear end. I'll probably have a little turbo envy on the dyno plots and at the drag strip but at Infineon or Reno Fernly I should be good to go. Probably be back to A&A for an alky kit soon. Thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 08:15 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If self contained oiling wasn't THE way to go, Vortech wouldn't be looking that direction as well. Besides, the peace of mind of knowing you won't kill the motor with a blower failure (or vice-versa) is worth it.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 AM
12 Second Club

Default sounds good

i have a 99 c5 lg lt's intake ported tb i am considering the a&a kit let me know what your impressions are when you get it installed. send me some videos, track times, power results anything iam really interested. thanks.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

a&a corvette????
Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Teching In

The boost gets very addictive, I have the older A&A SQ-Trim Vortech kit and love it. I'm also running ECS meth kit for added safty.

Your going to love the power.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Vortech SQ S trim is a nice blower for LS1/2. I have had it on my GTO for a couple of years on my daily driver. You will like it and A&A has close ties to Vortech, not to mention they are in the same area of SoCal. By adding a cam, alky and a little more boost 9.5, I got good power out of it for an LS1 and this is on a stock bottom end for now. Vortech will also rebuild your S trim to T trim flow specs for 1K. It will not have the heavy duty bearings in the T but it will have the increased output. You will like the change.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GTOLarry
Vortech SQ S trim is a nice blower for LS1/2. I have had it on my GTO for a couple of years on my daily driver. You will like it and A&A has close ties to Vortech, not to mention they are in the same area of SoCal. By adding a cam, alky and a little more boost 9.5, I got good power out of it for an LS1 and this is on a stock bottom end for now. Vortech will also rebuild your S trim to T trim flow specs for 1K. It will not have the heavy duty bearings in the T but it will have the increased output. You will like the change.

I Agree, I have the A&A Vortech system on my 99 C5, definetely makes good power

Quick Reply: A&A Vortech SQ being installed today.