Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone gone from TT to SC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone gone from TT to SC?

I hear of quite a few people selling their superchargers for twins, but do not a lot going the other way. If you have, please share the experience as I am having a very tough time making the decision.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only cases I've heard of anyone switching from a TT system to a SC setup were either related to a rear mount turbo or an unproven kit that never worked right (there has been a hundred turbo kit vendors come and go over the last few years).

I've had both a ProCharger and a TTi kit and frankly there is no comparison whatsoever. I'd take turbos any day of the week.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a Vortech T-trim and swapped to a home-built T-76 turbo setup. At the same boost, the turbo made about 30 more rwhp. The real advantage, though, was that the T-trim was max'd out at 13 psi (belt slip problems when trying to go higher) and the T-76 has gone as high as 24 psi, netting way way more than 30 more rwhp.

Mike
Old 06-01-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would also like to know if anyone made the switch from twins to S/C and why
Old 06-01-2007, 02:37 PM

I know I would never own another turbo kit for these cars. Especially if you do all your own work. Its like trying to stuff 50lbs of **** in a 5 lb bag. Itd be different if there was more room.

Also, I dont like the way a turbo hits. Its just like a N2O setup, crazy TQ down low (at spool) and then tapers off. Makes it nearly impossible for traction on the street. I like the linear power of a SC and 1/2 the parts to deal with. They both will get the job done.

Now, if you dont mind cutting up your car or ditching stuff like A/C, and whatever, then the turbo wouldnt be bad.

Quick Reply: Anyone gone from TT to SC?