Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo's Ain't Worth Much,why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo's Ain't Worth Much,why?

When I go into the, For Sale, sections of the ls boards you find turbo and supercharged cars that are real nice with tons of money invested. People are trying to sell the cars at real reasonable not only do they usually not sell they don'tever get an offer,why?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Launching!

you almost never get what you put into a car in upgrades resale wise
its true of aftermart accessories and most everything unless it come from the factory it will almost never add up to what you put in
but then again you get people asking what ever they think the cars worth i once saw a rear mount turbo stock motored ss for 33k with 60k miles on the clock?????
Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not many people want to buy highly modified cars, sometimes it can be a good deal and sometimes it can be a nighmare. Most people like to do the modifications themselves, thats 1/2 the fun of it for most. Unless its a high dollar race car that runs the numbers most FI setups make the car worth less to most, as sad as it seems.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Regular

i agree with KP... alot of ppl wanna do it themselves.. Also, my theory always has been that when someone modifies something, you really don't know whose hands have been on the car. You dont know how meticulous or careful that person is, nor do you know if that person knows what he/she is doing. Plus, its a fact that alot of ppl out there do things to get them done as quickly as possible, and rig something up - not necessarily doing it right. So, with a used vehicle, you never really knowwhat you're getting.

When i look to buy used vehicles or motorcycles i definitely look for something that is mostly/completely stock... less chance of you having to fix someone elses mistake...
Old 06-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Banned

To me when I see a modified car for sale, I just think I dont want to end up with someone elses headache. Like KP said, unless the car has a good proven track record and is very well documented such as some of the cars that have come out of the quality shops on here. Cars like Roofer Dave and Tom Kempf would be something to look into. Just a car that has been pieced together in someones backyard is usually a hard sell and has some kind of problems that has discouraged the owner to carry on with the project.

Quick Reply: Turbo's Ain't Worth Much,why?