Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATTN. people with magnacharge kit from LM

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN. people with magnacharge kit from LM

Was wondering if anyone that has recieved there kit from LM speed could some how email or fax the instructions to me. I was suppose to have them last week so I had the car towed to friends shop(no computer), and now it can only sit there for 2 more days before I have to have it towed back for another $120. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-12-2007, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garrett3
Was wondering if anyone that has recieved there kit from LM speed could some how email or fax the instructions to me. I was suppose to have them last week so I had the car towed to friends shop(no computer), and now it can only sit there for 2 more days before I have to have it towed back for another $120. Any help would be greatly appreciated
No one has received the instructions because they are being revised. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions I can and I'm sure farmdawg will do the same. Farmdawg has been very helpful to me. I highly doubt you could get done in two days. You'll start finding little things that you have to do and with no instructions, sometimes you just have to make things work. This is very time consuming.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

I already have the spacers on the k member and the cowl trimmed and other little things like that.Even though it's kinda fun figuring this stuff out I would feel much better with some instructions. What a fiasco this has turned into.....how helpful was the corvette instructions from the magnacharger website?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

I already have the spacers on the k member and the cowl trimmed and other little things like that.Even though it's kinda fun figuring this stuff out I would feel much better with some instructions. What a fiasco this has turned into.....how helpful was the corvette instructions from the magnacharger website?
The corvette instructions helped with torque specs and proper routing of the coolant system. Farmdawg told me which wires to hook up for the magnavolt and the coolant pump. I had to modify the weld in plate that Ed sent. It wasn't even close to fitting. You'll have a few extra parts left over because the kit was designed for the vette. You'll probably also find that you need a few parts you don't have. Did you look at some of my pics on http://www.mtfba.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6452
Just like you, I started this project before I had instructions in hand because I was told they were being overnighted. Then he said he had to revise them because they were wrong. I talked to Ed yesterday and he said he was going to overnight the rest of the parts I need, my PCM, and instructions today. They should be here tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

I have been helping with an install on this "kit".....there is a LOT of little things you will need to do and figure out. It can not be done in 2 days unless you have a parts warehouse with all the little things your gonna need to finish this kit. And yea some instructions would have helped a little but it can be done using the vette kit instrustions. Just good luck with it and hope you have a better time then we are with the tune!
Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

argggggggggggg another magie kit.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. nothing against LM SPeed but ur better off with the APS TT kit. MOre power less money..
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Is it me or is all these kits on NBM cars?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
NBM is already the fastest color, but I still wanted to be even faster.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:20 PM
FormerVendor

I'm sorry I haven't gotten you guys what you needed, but I am working on it constantly. I did have to totally revise the instructions myself, and I'm right in the middle of moving so it has been hard for me to get it done. I was working on Tim's ECM last night untill 10:00. I haven't taken on any new work, or anything else untill I get you 3 guys totally finished, but I'm doing the best I can.

I'm as frustrated as anybody, and I am getting this resolved ASAP. I'll be at my desk the rest of the afternoon, call me if you need anything that I can walk you through over the phone, otherwise, I will call each of you with an update as soon as I finish your orders.

Ed
Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Actually, momma said silver soaks up the magic rays of sunshine and makes it faster than all other colors.......momma said!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ed @ Late Model Speed
I'm sorry I haven't gotten you guys what you needed, but I am working on it constantly. I did have to totally revise the instructions myself, and I'm right in the middle of moving so it has been hard for me to get it done. I was working on Tim's ECM last night untill 10:00. I haven't taken on any new work, or anything else untill I get you 3 guys totally finished, but I'm doing the best I can.

I'm as frustrated as anybody, and I am getting this resolved ASAP. I'll be at my desk the rest of the afternoon, call me if you need anything that I can walk you through over the phone, otherwise, I will call each of you with an update as soon as I finish your orders.

Ed
are the instructions finished?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

probably not since he's so bogged down.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Yotaman, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you stole some of my pics. j/k I know you didn't because there are no blue valve covers. Good looking build though.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Launching!

One of these days we're all gonna have to meet up and park next to each other at a show like the annual F-Body gathering.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by farmdawg
One of these days we're all gonna have to meet up and park next to each other at a show like the annual F-Body gathering.
You could just fly us to Hawaii to hang out. BTW, I started my car tonight. The tune is very rich and didn't want to idle, so I didn't leave it running long.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by yotaman96
You could just fly us to Hawaii to hang out. BTW, I started my car tonight. The tune is very rich and didn't want to idle, so I didn't leave it running long.
If you make your way out here to Hawaii then we can hang out, I won't be making to the Mainland for quite some time. BTW, I hate you now. J/K, I talked to Ed today he had BadMonkey's car on the dyno working on it, so my tune should be on the way soon.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Veteran

He did not get finished till late and I have not heard from him yet. Hopefully its all done.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

He did not get finished till late and I have not heard from him yet. Hopefully its all done.
I hope he's done with yours cause mine's next
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Teching In

I hope he's done with yours cause mine's next

I hope the Blk turbo vette is next Just waiting on Dyno time.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gymtitan
I hope the Blk turbo vette is next Just waiting on Dyno time.
His shop dyno will be up and running by next weekend from what he told me yesterday. The dyno is set-up and ready, but it's an above ground lift type, so he's waiting on the lift to be installed, that happens next Wednesday.

I hope he get's to you soon Damon, 'cause I'm waiting on your info and tune to get mine started and driveable.

Quick Reply: ATTN. people with magnacharge kit from LM