Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ma

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ma

hi folk, i post this question on perfomane turcks forum, however i would any additon information if they have come across this problem.

i have 02 yukon denali with radix intercooler charger, snow performance water.metholo kit, wester tune etcs..

i was driving with couple of members when reduce engine power message came on and i had no power, when i push the gas petal, i was able to drive home and at 35-40 mph but no accelartion at all, i had my charger and other goodies for 1 years and never had a problem like this before

any ideas and thoughts, why now this came on all suddenly, i have fun with my car and drove pretty hard at different occasion. any infor and suggestion would be greatly appreicated.

thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it went into 'limp home' mode. You may have no bad problem, but you'll need to throw some diagnostics at it.

Limp home is an engine protection mode, with seriously reduced timing, reduced throttle travel and other stuff designed to not blow your motor when some sensor is reporting a out-of-bounds measurement.

Jim
Old 06-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DeltaT
Sounds like it went into 'limp home' mode. You may have no bad problem, but you'll need to throw some diagnostics at it.

Limp home is an engine protection mode, with seriously reduced timing, reduced throttle travel and other stuff designed to not blow your motor when some sensor is reporting a out-of-bounds measurement.

Jim
does a code of 1515 means anything to you, something about the throttle body, i did not have time to listen completely to scan person.