Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

catch can with magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catch can with magnacharger

Need help setting this up, the instructions with the catch can don't seem to help. On the pcv system there is a hose going from the back of the driverside valve cover that splits and one end goes to the back of the passenger valve cover , and the other goes to the pcv valve and then to the throttle body but there is another hose coming from the front of the passenger side valve cover that has no where to go on the magnacharger and that is the one I don't know what to do with or which ones to use on the can. The can is the one from WS6 store that does not have a breather just a fitting on top and on the side. Hope this isn't totally confusing and any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett3
Need help setting this up, the instructions with the catch can don't seem to help. On the pcv system there is a hose going from the back of the driverside valve cover that splits and one end goes to the back of the passenger valve cover , and the other goes to the pcv valve and then to the throttle body but there is another hose coming from the front of the passenger side valve cover that has no where to go on the magnacharger and that is the one I don't know what to do with or which ones to use on the can. The can is the one from WS6 store that does not have a breather just a fitting on top and on the side. Hope this isn't totally confusing and any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
I removed the hose that splits going around the back of the engine and used a new hose connecting the rear of the drivers side to the rear of the passenger side. Then I went with a hose from the passenger front valve cover to a vented catch can I mounted on the frame in the front corner next to the CAI. Since you don't have a vented catch can you can just go back to the TB from there. I thought it looked cleaner with 1 less hose to look at this way. The other option is get a plastic T and tee the 2 hoses together and then go into the catch can and then into the TB. Also, that front valve cover hose should go to a pipe under/next to the Maggie nose cone. I capped it off on mine. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: catch can with magnacharger