Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Where can i order a Kenne Bell twin screw from?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 05:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i order a Kenne Bell twin screw from?

I havent seen anyone advertising it. How much does this beast go for and where can i ordfer it. For a 06 gto LS2
Old 07-22-2007, 07:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

And I think you'll need to buy a Corvette to fit it on first..
Old 07-22-2007, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Get a twin-turbo kit for the GTO
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Get a twin-turbo kit for the GTO
was hoping the KB would fit on a GTO. People are saying it doesnt, so i am disgruntled now.
For those who say its a no go, is it only hood clearance thats the issue?

Are there any other dub-screw kits for the LS2 gto?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:15 PM
9 Second Club

If you swapped your accessory drive to that of a Vette, then it might fit...

But you do seem to be asking a lot of whacky questions, about all sorts of blowers, and related items.

Do you know what you want ?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevieturbo

But you do seem to be asking a lot of whacky questions, about all sorts of blowers, and related items.

im not quite sure he does know. he wants power to fall on his lap

im not trying to be rude or an ***, but people come on the FI section and ask crazy questions
Old 07-22-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

I want it all.

99z28ls1.... I was unaware that i wanted power to fall into my lap. You see, i have already purchased quite a bit of mods for my GTO. I havent had them installed yet, and before i did, i wanted to make sure i was satisfied with what i had. Maybe i want more power, maybe what i have will take 5 seconds to make the tires explode and not 4. I dont want to spend a couple G's installing and tuning, and then learn that had i spent another 700 bucks i could have been up nearly another 100hp.

Perhaps these questions seem whacky to you, but to me they arent. I have always loved cars, but i have never built one or modded one. This is the first car that i have purchased for myself that is something i love (a muscle car). I am still in Grad school, so money doesnt exactly flow like diarhea from the buffalo. It also really burns my *** when peiople sugest i spend a couple hundred hours reading books on engine building, searching posts, yada yada. I dont want to ask something like "whats a supercharger?". If i had a question that gimped, i would search. However, i am in school from 7am till 7pm 5 days a week, and that is not counting doing whatever studying i have for exams, class in general, state liscensing, boards, etc. The only free time i have i spend playing with my car or chilling\banging my gf.

Since my choice is either "read some books on motors and search search search" or actually get 4-5 hours of sleep till i see my next patient, i will take the sleep. I dont mean to be snappy, but i am doing the best i can with the little time i have. Believe me, i am no fool, and will pick up plenty by reading posts. I usually read every post on the page that looks somewhat informative. But sometimes its hard to learn about things with a lack of time, people who tell me to go learn something, and half the **** i read being in tech talk about cam LSA and intake versus exhaust lift, etc.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Someone is working on a twin screw for us...

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149124
Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
I want it all.

99z28ls1.... I was unaware that i wanted power to fall into my lap. You see, i have already purchased quite a bit of mods for my GTO. I havent had them installed yet, and before i did, i wanted to make sure i was satisfied with what i had. Maybe i want more power, maybe what i have will take 5 seconds to make the tires explode and not 4. I dont want to spend a couple G's installing and tuning, and then learn that had i spent another 700 bucks i could have been up nearly another 100hp.

Perhaps these questions seem whacky to you, but to me they arent. I have always loved cars, but i have never built one or modded one. This is the first car that i have purchased for myself that is something i love (a muscle car). I am still in Grad school, so money doesnt exactly flow like diarhea from the buffalo. It also really burns my *** when peiople sugest i spend a couple hundred hours reading books on engine building, searching posts, yada yada. I dont want to ask something like "whats a supercharger?". If i had a question that gimped, i would search. However, i am in school from 7am till 7pm 5 days a week, and that is not counting doing whatever studying i have for exams, class in general, state liscensing, boards, etc. The only free time i have i spend playing with my car or chilling\banging my gf.

Since my choice is either "read some books on motors and search search search" or actually get 4-5 hours of sleep till i see my next patient, i will take the sleep. I dont mean to be snappy, but i am doing the best i can with the little time i have. Believe me, i am no fool, and will pick up plenty by reading posts. I usually read every post on the page that looks somewhat informative. But sometimes its hard to learn about things with a lack of time, people who tell me to go learn something, and half the **** i read being in tech talk about cam LSA and intake versus exhaust lift, etc.
hey bro, i wasnt trying to dog you or anything, i did the same when i came in. little did i know the info was right in my face. i've been to other threads that you made and responded with info on my set up
Old 07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
I want it all.

Well as I said before, get reading. There are plenty of informative books out there too on tuning.

While this forum is generally very good, the internet is a dangerous place to learn about how to tune a car.

Books are generally written by educated people, who have enough knowledge to actually put a book together on the relevant subjects.

the internet also has a lot of very smart people, who know how to build a fast car.
But unfortunately, for every one smart person, there about 10,000 or more idiots, who will give bad advice. It can be very hard for a newbie, or someone without a lot of experience, to filter out the *****.

Sometimes when you ask lot of random, and in some cases, silly questions about tuning...well, you appear to be a total newbie.
It can be a case of, dont jump in at the deep end. Learn to walk, before you run etc etc.

And before asking, always search. In 90% of cases, these questions have been asked, and answered before. Although I know LS1Tech's search feature is kinda strange at times ( read crap )
I use it myself a lot.

And I know you are only throwing figures about, but a couple of G's doesnt go far !!! Always research before you buy....it seems you have bought some, and are now researching ?

There is every option out there for making enough power, to make you **** your pants. Making power is easy...building it so it hangs together is different. In some cases...that takes years of experience. You wont learn than in a few minutes or hours on the internet.

The most important thing tho...how far does your budget stretch ? That will dictate every single mod you intend to do.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
hey bro, i wasnt trying to dog you or anything, i did the same when i came in. little did i know the info was right in my face. i've been to other threads that you made and responded with info on my set up

I know you werent. Sorry if i came off like i was laying into you. You have been helpful numerous times for me. I just get pissed when people tel me to "do a search" or something like that. If someone asks "whats a supercharger" or "whats better, procharger or magna" thewn yeah, they should just reead. There are plenty of threads that clearly answer or adress this.
I post questions when i first look for my answer, and after a couple of pages worth of threads i dont find anything that answers my question, i post.
Or if i have some whacked idea like running the AC ducts into the air intake to lower IAT that i am pretty sure no one has asked before. lol.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Well as I said before, get reading. There are plenty of informative books out there too on tuning.

While this forum is generally very good, the internet is a dangerous place to learn about how to tune a car.

Books are generally written by educated people, who have enough knowledge to actually put a book together on the relevant subjects.

the internet also has a lot of very smart people, who know how to build a fast car.
But unfortunately, for every one smart person, there about 10,000 or more idiots, who will give bad advice. It can be very hard for a newbie, or someone without a lot of experience, to filter out the *****.

Sometimes when you ask lot of random, and in some cases, silly questions about tuning...well, you appear to be a total newbie.
It can be a case of, dont jump in at the deep end. Learn to walk, before you run etc etc.

And before asking, always search. In 90% of cases, these questions have been asked, and answered before. Although I know LS1Tech's search feature is kinda strange at times ( read crap )
I use it myself a lot.

And I know you are only throwing figures about, but a couple of G's doesnt go far !!! Always research before you buy....it seems you have bought some, and are now researching ?

There is every option out there for making enough power, to make you **** your pants. Making power is easy...building it so it hangs together is different. In some cases...that takes years of experience. You wont learn than in a few minutes or hours on the internet.

The most important thing tho...how far does your budget stretch ? That will dictate every single mod you intend to do.
i hear you. I am happy with what i have purchased. And unlike most, i spent alot of money on making sure that the car doesnt make 500hp and explode in 5 minutes. I bought a new drive shaft, half axles, rear end, axle stubs, bushings, parts to eliminate wheel hop, etc. I am happy with everything i bought. I was merely contemplating returning my maggie for a KB if they make it for the GTO. they dont, so forget that. I was also thinking about possibly getting some heads or pistons if they could accomplish 2 things... make significantly more power (at leat 50hp more) and keep the engine safe and reliable.

I want as much power as i can get without killing reliability. Thats why i was thinking of heads. I didnt understand the concept of lowering the compression and such, thats why i asked about that. I am learning though, so we will see.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

As for the KB....they dont...

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149124

but that link someone sent earlier, looks like the Aussies are doing it instead !!!!

if you dont want to kill reliability, then at some point, you ill need to fit forged pistons at an absolute minimum. The stockers are just weak, and never had FI in mind.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Teching In

I'm working VERY hard on it. Its completed, on the car and tuned. We just need to do some more road testing and we will be releasing them commercially. We are doing 2.2 and 2.8L versions (maggies are 1.7L for the 112's and 2L for 122's for comparison). We use air-air intercoolers so no issues with heatsoak from water-air intercoolers. 10c above ambient intake temps have been seen so far and 10psi on a 5.7L with the 2.2 with more room to wind em up.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VooDooo
I'm working VERY hard on it. Its completed, on the car and tuned. We just need to do some more road testing and we will be releasing them commercially. We are doing 2.2 and 2.8L versions (maggies are 1.7L for the 112's and 2L for 122's for comparison). We use air-air intercoolers so no issues with heatsoak from water-air intercoolers. 10c above ambient intake temps have been seen so far and 10psi on a 5.7L with the 2.2 with more room to wind em up.

let me know when you are ready to release them and get back to me with $$$ details when u have them.
Good luck with your project. I wish you the best and hope it maskes you a rich man,
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Launching!

I take it your not happy with your STS. I feel your pain
Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That twin screw blower looks awesome. It makes me want to get a GTO.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

we should easily be able to fit that blower on a f-BODY
Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@MASPORT
we should easily be able to fit that blower on a f-BODY
You sure about that easily part?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
You sure about that easily part?
well it wont involve cutting the cowl. so id say easier then anyother twin screw

Quick Reply: Where can i order a Kenne Bell twin screw from?