Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hobbs switch psi settings

Old 09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbs switch psi settings

you guys that are running a double pumper set-up what psi switch are yall going with.I think I am going to try to have mine around 1 Psi but I am having trouble finding a switch to close that soon
Old 09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

I would highly recomend not using that setup. If swith fails it will melt your motor down. It happened to me. I run both my pumps all the time now. I am about to go with one big external pump.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:31 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mine set to 1psi. It is not a Hobbs tho. Its just a cheap ebay switch. There really is nothing to a vacuum/ boost switch. No need to overpay for one.

It should not be a big problem using a switch for the second pump. Just keep an eye on your fuel pressure gauge Its also a good idea to put a little LED indicator next to your fuel pressure gauge that lights up when it is on.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using a nitrous pressure safty switch adjustable from 3 to 7 psi
Old 09-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Launching!

this is the one I was thinking about going with because I really doint want to drill a hole in to my powder coated intercooler tubing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boost...mZ230043609424
Old 09-02-2007, 12:11 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Originally Posted by STALL UP
this is the one I was thinking about going with because I really doint want to drill a hole in to my powder coated intercooler tubing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boost...mZ230043609424
Thats the one I got, and it works very well
Old 09-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Launching!

thanks for your help
Old 09-02-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

I buy some parts off those knock-off ebay vendors but I've never used the ebay Hobbs switches before. I have used the HOBBS switches made by honeywell and never had an issue.

When it comes to something very important like turning on the pump for your AWIC @ 3psi so your charge air gets cooled, or cutting the n2o solenoid on your nitrous system when there isn't enough fuel pressure, or turning on a second fuel pump when boost comes on I would much rather have a tried and tested switch for $5-$10 bucks that is made by a company who sends these parts up on the space shuttle then trust some no name chinesse knock off company just to literally save a few bucks.

Granted, like someone said above there isn't much to them but in my experience the quality of the material is usually what causes these types of parts to fail and those ebay items are not known for using quality materials. JMO
Old 09-02-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I've worked with similer switches in the HVAC field. It's amazing how much higher the failure rate is on the cheap jap junk compared to a brand name unit that is only a few dollars higher. I agree this is nothing to skimp on.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Launching!

do any of yall know where you can get a hobbs switch that has a vacuum port on it, so I would not have to thread it in to my intercooler piping
Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

I would think you could get an adapter with female pipe to male hose barb to do what you are asking.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by alwaysinboost
I buy some parts off those knock-off ebay vendors but I've never used the ebay Hobbs switches before. I have used the HOBBS switches made by honeywell and never had an issue.

When it comes to something very important like turning on the pump for your AWIC @ 3psi so your charge air gets cooled, or cutting the n2o solenoid on your nitrous system when there isn't enough fuel pressure, or turning on a second fuel pump when boost comes on I would much rather have a tried and tested switch for $5-$10 bucks that is made by a company who sends these parts up on the space shuttle then trust some no name chinesse knock off company just to literally save a few bucks.

Granted, like someone said above there isn't much to them but in my experience the quality of the material is usually what causes these types of parts to fail and those ebay items are not known for using quality materials. JMO
Thanks for the input. Can you link us to some of the higher quality switches?

Search this Thread