Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger Compression Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Compression Question

I am thinking of adding a entry level LOW BOOST supercharger to my 383
LT1...the engine is all forged and of course balanced..with all the mods. Ported lt4 heads, cam, long tubes, intake, fuel pump, roller rockers..etc
Currently making 440 rwhp, but of course we always want more. As I said I was considering adding an entry level low boost supercharger my only concern
is compression which is 11.8 to 1. I don't want to redue the engine..have to much cash in it so if the supercharger can't work with my setup I will just have to let the idea go...Any help or advice would be appreciated...Thanks MM
Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by METAL MANIAC
I am thinking of adding a entry level LOW BOOST supercharger to my 383
LT1...the engine is all forged and of course balanced..with all the mods. Ported lt4 heads, cam, long tubes, intake, fuel pump, roller rockers..etc
Currently making 440 rwhp, but of course we always want more. As I said I was considering adding an entry level low boost supercharger my only concern
is compression which is 11.8 to 1. I don't want to redue the engine..have to much cash in it so if the supercharger can't work with my setup I will just have to let the idea go...Any help or advice would be appreciated...Thanks MM
Take the heads of and have the combustion chambers opened up as much as possible, or sell the heads and buy some with large combustion chambers to help lower the compression some. Or just run low boost, 5-6psi.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by will82
Take the heads of and have the combustion chambers opened up as much as possible, or sell the heads and buy some with large combustion chambers to help lower the compression some. Or just run low boost, 5-6psi.
Yeah, I was hoping to low run low boost 5-6 psi and keep my current setup if that is possible...thanks for your time..any further advice would be appreciated...thanks MM
Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

I think even 5-6psi is pushing it with that much compression. I would get new heads with larger chambers like will82 said. And you'll pick up a lot of power with those as well if you get a good flowing set.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Compression Question