Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Turbo Tuck

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Turbo Tuck

I dropped my car off yesturday to get my turbo tucked more into the back of my TA, also had to get my intercooler piping tucked more, would have done it myself, but am under time constraints. Hopefully will have pics tom, or friday. If anyone wants info on it post up.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Sure I'd love to see some pics of this. Hope it comes out well.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

I'd also like to see the results on this since I will be doing my install as soon as I can figure out whats going on with my tranny.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

K i got the car back and sorry no pics yet, camera is messed up. But my intercooler piping was tucked about 6" which is perfect, but whats weird is that my Intake side is up higher(all u have to do is loosen clamp and move up) and the exhaust seems higher, but my turbo has the same clearence. I am kinda bummed but i might just do it my self. idk. If anyone has help or some guidnece that would be nice
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

what exactly are you altering? Im having a hard time following what it is exactly that your doing.

Its very difficult to raise the turbo unless you cut the connecting pipe that the housing bolts to. Which in turn requires a lot of work. You can always rotate the turbo to gain a little clearance. For the most part though, it will eventually sag. You can also get a few pieces of steel rod (flat) and weld in a "L" shape and connect it to the driver side rubber mount area. Regardless, it could require some drilling and bolting up support brackets. IMO i live in a very bad area as far as roads are concerned and i have yet to hit anything.

If you mount it right, the exhaust and other components should be lower than the turbo and pipes.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Well i just want clearence for now cuz it is going cross country from AZ to MN and i just dont want problems for my dad. But i am going single big up front soon(this winter) so thats what i was tryin to get across.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00TurboTA
Well i just want clearence for now cuz it is going cross country from AZ to MN and i just dont want problems for my dad. But i am going single big up front soon(this winter) so thats what i was tryin to get across.
Then why bother, it's almost october???
Old 09-20-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
Then why bother, it's almost october???
My thoughts exactly. Havent you been fussing with this STS stuff for awhile now. Now you got it running and your gonna toss it all?

Anyway concerning your trip, youll be fine unless your literally dragging the turbo right now. I drove from texas to atlanta and back and forth to savannah multiple times already with no problems.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Well to answer ur ?'s of why sell it, I already have a buyer for it back home, I am only in Arizona for School and i will be graduating soon and to be honest I really dont feel like trailering it back to MN or drive it in the snow. So now with everything taken care of it will make the trip fine and i will have it to drive in Late October when i go home for a Wedding. But then this winter we are either gonna do a high hp build on the TA or Buy a GN....Thanks for ur input tho

Quick Reply: STS Turbo Tuck