Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

will a procharger fit it.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default will a procharger fit it.

2002 camaro ls1 in a 240sx. overlook the dirt and mess and let me know if i can fit a p1sc or d1sc. and if you think it will fit which one to get? the 98-02 f-body? i want to run 7-8 psi w/ a FMIC to start and then forge the block and go for 700+rwhp in the future. with that goal which would i need? the P1 or D1? or if one will fit and one wont then i guess i have no choice. the biggest clearance problem is the front. and from pics i have seen its hard to tell how far forward they stick out. my intake is right up against the radiator. and what about the belt tensioner? do you have to relocate it?

if i have to i can remove the black fuse box.
and i looked on prochargers site and i see they sell just the head unit. does that include the pulleys and belts? i know i will need custom IC and piping so i dont need all that stuff. just the unit, pulleys, belts, oil system. dont wanna buy nothing i dont need is all.

if anyone got some pic of their install that you think will work on mine. post it up plz. ty.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

im not sure about fitting it but i have a p1 on my lt1..and maxing out the blower will not get you past ~560 hp..you definetly need a D1
Old 09-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

I'm curious too. I have an Ls1 fd rx7...posted a similar thread not long ago. I could use a little more info.

As far as I understand the procharger for the c5 corvette goes in that area, but it will not work on the Ls1 from the F-bodies. I may be wrong...so don't quote me on this.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:05 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by thumpstick
I'm curious too. I have an Ls1 fd rx7...posted a similar thread not long ago. I could use a little more info.

As far as I understand the procharger for the c5 corvette goes in that area, but it will not work on the Ls1 from the F-bodies. I may be wrong...so don't quote me on this.
Check out this '86 RX7, we used the ATI ProCharger GTO kit as the starting point. Bob
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=22
Old 09-30-2007, 06:13 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by fouz65
2002 camaro ls1 in a 240sx. overlook the dirt and mess and let me know if i can fit a p1sc or d1sc. and if you think it will fit which one to get? the 98-02 f-body? i want to run 7-8 psi w/ a FMIC to start and then forge the block and go for 700+rwhp in the future. with that goal which would i need? the P1 or D1? or if one will fit and one wont then i guess i have no choice. the biggest clearance problem is the front. and from pics i have seen its hard to tell how far forward they stick out. my intake is right up against the radiator. and what about the belt tensioner? do you have to relocate it?

if i have to i can remove the black fuse box.
and i looked on prochargers site and i see they sell just the head unit. does that include the pulleys and belts? i know i will need custom IC and piping so i dont need all that stuff. just the unit, pulleys, belts, oil system. dont wanna buy nothing i dont need is all.

if anyone got some pic of their install that you think will work on mine. post it up plz. ty.
First of all, the P-1SC and the D-1SC use the same housing, only the internals are different. For what you want to do in the future, you are going to want to use the D-1SC.

Do you have any room on the driver side? The pic's only show the passenger side front. If the only room you have is where your pic's show, then your best bet is to use the C5 head unit assembly. When you buy a head unit, you only get the head unit, no pulley's or anything else come with it. I can get you everything you need though, you don't have to buy a whole kit, I can get you just what you need. Do you have any pic's showing the whole overall engine compartment?

Take a look in the project car section of my website. You will find Cadillac CTS-V's that we use the GTO kit on. I have many pic's in there, which may help to give you an idea of what may work. Bob
Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

heres some of the driver side and over all. power steering is on the driver side. i wanna keep it. dunno if it can be relocated to the pass side but i dont have alot of hood clearance so it cant stick up above the throttle body.

wheres some pics of the C5 unit mounted?

about how much (you can pm a est) would the unit, belt, pulleys, oil system cost? and i read about some upgrade pin stuff. something about belt spilling. how much is that.

BTW: when i said 7-8 to start and in the future get forge internals and go big hp. we all know how plans can turn out. so will the D1 be good for just the 7-8 PSI for awhile?

Last edited by fouz65; 09-30-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm thinking that you'll need a C5 kit with an f-body inlet hat on the blower
Old 10-02-2007, 05:14 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40

Check out the pic's and info at this link for the C5 kit. This 346 ci ATI ProCharger D-1SC equipped C5 is making 740 rwhp on my Mustang Chassis Dyno. Bob
Old 10-02-2007, 07:44 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any room on the bottom of the driver's side? That is where the f-body kits mount...
Old 10-02-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Is there any room on the bottom of the driver's side? That is where the f-body kits mount...
alternator is lower driver side. power steering upper driver. nothing pass side. this is a 2002 stock ls1. so i guess they come that way.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40

Check out the pic's and info at this link for the C5 kit. This 346 ci ATI ProCharger D-1SC equipped C5 is making 740 rwhp on my Mustang Chassis Dyno. Bob

i dont think i have enough room up front for the c5. just by looking at those pics.

Last edited by fouz65; 10-02-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: ....
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

alternator is lower driver side. power steering upper driver. nothing pass side. this is a 2002 stock ls1. so i guess they come that way.
the f-body kit puts the Supercharger in front of the alternator. You add a pully in front of the harmonic balancer. If you have enough room between the alternator and the radiator you might be able to make it work.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:26 PM

Same for the f-body. You have any room in front of the alternator?

Old 10-03-2007, 04:20 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Here are several pic's of my old ATI ProCharger D-1SC six rib kit from my '99 Z28.

Here is my new ATI ProCharger F1A kit.
Do you have room down below for the LS1 kit? Bob
Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 AM

Hey Bob- where can I get an intake piece like that last one above? Looks like you don't need to cut the radiator support for it to fit. Does it flow better than the standard hat?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Hey Bob- where can I get an intake piece like that last one above? Looks like you don't need to cut the radiator support for it to fit. Does it flow better than the standard hat?

The intake does fit with the stock radiator support. We had it leftover from one of our ProCharger builds. It looks like it should flow better, but we have never swapped it on a build for the stock one to see if there is a difference. I really doubt it makes much of a difference, but it certainly looks less restrictive. Bob
Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 AM
10 Second Club

wow that looks like a bad *** car your buliding!!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

one more question. only one i see that has a chance of fitting is the gto like in EPP pics of the rx7. mainly cause it doesnt stick out far in the front. is there one that faces backwards like the gto but can be mounted on the pass side like the c5?

if i have to i can make a custom bracket cause the best place for the charger is backwards on the upper pass side. what unit would be best to make one fit in the upper pass side backwards? can you get custom belts?
Old 10-07-2007, 05:40 PM
11 Second Truck Club

looks like you could use the accessories, like ps pump, water pump, alternator, idler pulley and belt tensioner from a truck and use the ATI ProCharger truck set-up...is swapping out all of those components from a truck a do-able project?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

i need something like this.

might have enough hood clearance. not sure if vortech is any good. just showing thats how i wanna mount it. this is for the 1996-2000 GM Vortec 5.7L V8 Truck / SUV. i couldnt find the procharger for the trucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will a procharger fit it.