Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger questions

Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Procharger questions

Im using my factory ls1 block, with a Compstar crank, compstar rods, and diamond -29cc dished pistons. Its going to be a 383. What I was wantin to know is I want to get 850-1,000 horsepower and simalar #s on torque; What would be the best procharger to accomplish that? I'm stuck between the d1-sc or the f1c. I will have the w2w half inch head studs and the DM performance main girdle. Any input would be great.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you're talking rwhp, definitely go f1c if you can get it to fit. Is it for a street car? If so, do alot of research first as it is not just a simple swap of head units. F1a may be a better choice if it's going in an fbod.

If you're talking hp at the crank, then the D1 can get you there, but it will be maxed out.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:01 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

I'd go with an F1A, check out my set-up here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=12

And check out KP's car here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1109
Bob
Old 10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

My plan is to be able to have several tunes depending on what pulley I'm running. At the same time I plan to run water/meth inj. I want to be able to put around on the street and have fun with about 700+hp and then spend an hour changing a pully turn the water system on and change the tune and get 1000-1250.I would like to somehow maintain the air coming in from the scoop, and I want to do some trick stuff on the pipe going from the intercooler tothe throttle body. My old setup was heads and cam(prc stage1 ls6 heads cnc'd with the ms4 cam) Im going to send the heads back and have them upgraded to the stage 3's. And the while Im down at sam ( leaving for there next month) I'll see what kind of flow I can get out of the heads.

by the way EPP I sent you a p.m.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99mongooSS
My plan is to be able to have several tunes depending on what pulley I'm running. At the same time I plan to run water/meth inj. I want to be able to put around on the street and have fun with about 700+hp and then spend an hour changing a pully turn the water system on and change the tune and get 1000-1250.I would like to somehow maintain the air coming in from the scoop, and I want to do some trick stuff on the pipe going from the intercooler tothe throttle body. My old setup was heads and cam(prc stage1 ls6 heads cnc'd with the ms4 cam) Im going to send the heads back and have them upgraded to the stage 3's. And the while Im down at sam ( leaving for there next month) I'll see what kind of flow I can get out of the heads.

by the way EPP I sent you a p.m.
You can hit well over 700 @ the tires with a D1sc and ls6 heads...

But the F1A will get you into the 800rwhp range...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

thats what I am really looking for I feel that 800-950 is going to be the magic number that im looking for. I beleive that with that amount of power I can do everything that I want to acomplish with that car.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

any other suggestions that any of you may have in the subject of procharged 383's please tell me.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99mongooSS
thats what I am really looking for I feel that 800-950 is going to be the magic number that im looking for. I beleive that with that amount of power I can do everything that I want to acomplish with that car.
That's a crap load of power man... I hope you're shakin the **** outta the money tree in the backyard... With 800rwhp and a decent weight you'll see 8s... Anywho, good luck and we always love car p0rn pics!

J
Old 10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

maybe i'd like to make it into the 8's but I might not due to the fact that this is going to ba a car where I can put down a low et like that and then get in the car and drive it home.

Search this Thread