Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New turbo setup?

Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New turbo setup?

I know guys and gals its not gm stuff but i thought it was kinda crazy its a new turbo kit that a big turbo kit company for fords is in the process of testing. They were at the sema with it let me know what you think. Check out what the use for the intake manifold.

Here is the link
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=432751
Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see ? The turbo's air get cooled through the intercooler.That's good,but then go's into the root's blower and the cool air now get's superheated again. i would think that the root's blower would really be hurting with the addition of the forced air into it,not to mention it already has a hard time cooling the forced air that it provide's,now it is being crammed with more air.I would just take off the root's and use the turbo's!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here
Old 11-02-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You get the best of both worlds!!! The lag of a turbo, along with the parasitic drag of a roots blower!

Mike
Old 11-02-2007, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL I agree with Mike.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

That idea works GREAT on two-stroke diesel motors. I'm not so sure about gasoline, though. I've pondered the idea before, but never found enough head bolts to seal that kind of cylinder pressure. Perhaps if I welded 4 piece heads on my motor, it could take that sort of abuse. Then again, I don't have a 2kHP+ drivetrain to put it in, so it doesn't mattter.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it can work well. the MINI guys use it. therer are problems tho! you need to run the SC nice and slow with as big chargecooler as you can. this is becasue you are basically trying to compress compressed air. this makes loads of heat and if you are spinning the blower faster its just makes things worse!

at least the trubo side looks good! nice big intercooler to keep temps nice and low going into the SC. might want to add meth injection before and after the SC just really reduce temps further. if you could fit a baypass valve that would be another good idea. it justhelps reudce the load on the SC and thus reduces temps a bit.

i think twincharging, like this, could wrok well for guys that already have a blower on there. you have to realise that your not going to get the smae power as the turbo only guys simple because of the restriction and losses of the SC. but you will probably be making more power than the big SC guys.

thanks Chris.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New turbo setup?