Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What will I have to change

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 04:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default What will I have to change

I've read the sticky and it answered a lot of my questions. I'd like some opinions from some of you S/C folks.

Looking at doing a S/C. Current motor is a H/C forged 347 LS1/LS6. I have a cam I think will suffice. It's a comp custom grind 224/228 .581/.588 114 +1. To bring the compression down to 9:2-9:5, I know I will have to swap heads. Current heads are AFR 205's milled to .60. Also have a Racetronix EFP and 30# injectors ... looking at doing a D-1SC or Kenne Belle 2.6. Any serious advice would be appreciated.

1. Will the stock fuel lines work with the Racetronix EFP?

2. What heads?

3. What injectors? 60# Mototrons maybe?

4. What else?

5. Is it easy enough to install myself with limited/some mechanical 'know-how' and few special tools?

Last edited by JEB99TA; 11-08-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

whats up,saw u selling the N20 stuff and was wondering,lol
stock fuel lines will work
sell the AFR's and get either ported LQ4/9 heads or something with a larger deck depending on how much $$ u wanna spend
60# injectors definitely
Wideband is a good idea,for a D1 an 8 rib upgrade is good.the KB wont fit under the cowl.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say just keep what you have and spray the car. Your already making 413 rwhp and a 150 shot would put you exactly where you would be with a D1SC kit, and you would of spent thousands more. If ya got he $$ I'd spend it on the drivetrain and suspension.

That's just my thoughts

Kyle
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Well, the nitrous kit was mounted and ready for the dyno and I decided to put the money into a S/C option. I had nearly $2,000 worth of wet kit on it and another $500 or more would have been spent for the inspection of and finalization of the wiring plus the dynotune. Decided to resell the kit and put the money towards a supercharger.

Mine's mostly a street-n-strip car which will see maybe one trip to the dragstrip every month ... maybe two. On the street, the power isn't there unless you go WOT ... thought about the expense of filling the bottle, as well. For my street manners, a S/C just seems to fit my needs better than anything else. With an intercooler and 8-rib kit, it looks to me the performance benefit seems it would be every bit as much or more ... compared to the nitrous and turbo options I've been looking at. Except on the top end, which, which ain't bad, either.

Too many safety variables with the nitrous and turbo options, at least from the research I've done. While none are bad options, I believe the S/C route will be less financial strain than the turbo setup. I can install the S/C and save a couple grand on the install. Little tuning would be required from what I'm seeing, also.

Looks like take Wesley's advice and I'll sell the AFR's, but, would like to throw on another set of the AFR's that would bring the compression down substantially ... would like some advice on what other head options would work well. Def doing the 60#'ers ... if I buy a new kit, I might just go ahead and buy the kit which includes them.

Thanks for the info fellows and keep it coming.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you'll like the SC, nitrous is PITA refilling bottles. You may want to consider the APS twin turbo kit. keeps all the factory stuff and you'll make good power.

I would drop that single Racetronix pump and put a dual pump system in there with dedicated supply and return lines, and a regulator along with the 60's.

You can do it yourself as long as your comfortable lying on your back in your cold garage. It'll take longer for sure. See if you can borrow or rent a lift for a day, that will make things so much easier. It be best if you can get a buddy or buddies to help you.

Don't want Norris to do it???
Old 11-08-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

This is one I could save a lot of money on by doing it myself and had planned on renting a lift for a 12-hour day. My son is 18 and he would be helping me. He's pretty mechanically inclined, as well. Helped change 3 sets of headers, intake, etc. ... stuff I've done on my car, else I'd hire it done.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jack,

If you go down that road, I would entertain you renting my shop. Just let me know.

Mike

Quick Reply: What will I have to change