Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ported victor jr. intakes ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ported victor jr. intakes ?'s

anybody had one ported? do you know what the max dimensions are that the ports can be ported to? my intake ports on my heads measure 1.115" and the ports on the intake only measure .9XX" . it looks like if i get my intake ported to match my heads i will have very little material betwen the port and the o-ring. will this have a chance of leaking or blowing out under boost?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having the manifold side a bit smaller actually is helpful as it creates a slight dam against reversion going back up into the manifold. What is unacceptable is where the manifold is a larger opening than the head - then the dam works against you.

Figure about a .020" step or larger is useful, and it can be all the way around the port.

Jim
Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by slowbrakiller
anybody had one ported? do you know what the max dimensions are that the ports can be ported to? my intake ports on my heads measure 1.115" and the ports on the intake only measure .9XX" . it looks like if i get my intake ported to match my heads i will have very little material betwen the port and the o-ring. will this have a chance of leaking or blowing out under boost?
GETTING ONE DONE @ THE MOMENT-CAN LET U KNOW WITHIN 2 WEEKS AS I WILL BE BACK THEN-
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i get my intake ported to match my heads i will have very little material betwen the port and the o-ring. will this have a chance of leaking or blowing out under boost?
You can always use the Felpro gaskets that are used on the GMPP carb manifold. No need for the orings then.