Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Forced Induction + Mass-Flo Fuel Systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forced Induction + Mass-Flo Fuel Systems

Just wondering if anyone has experiance with this system on their forced induction application? They claim no tuning is required, just install and go. The system tunes itself . Things that seem too good to be true usually are, any insight guys?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:04 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using a mass air flow sensor and I can definitely tell you that statement is about as wrong as they get! You still have to adjust for fuel injectors, idle, TIMING is a big one, etc. etc. Plus, you will probably max out the reading on the MAF and you have to tune for that as well. In short, no!
Old 11-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

Mass flo sells a lightly reworked ford mustang 5.0L MAF system with a unique throttle body. You could piece the kit together for a fraction of the cost with a building it yourself. As far as never needing a tune, that's pretty much a steaming load of bs.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
I'm using a mass air flow sensor and I can definitely tell you that statement is about as wrong as they get! You still have to adjust for fuel injectors, idle, TIMING is a big one, etc. etc. Plus, you will probably max out the reading on the MAF and you have to tune for that as well. In short, no!
If you could do it again would you buy the mass air flow system?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:57 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, it comes that way stock... I just wish it could read higher than what its default setting is...
Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Is something like Megasquirt better? Ive seen my buddies FAST EFI tuning software and the word "simplistic" doesnt come to mind. I want something that i can tune myself with realative ease
Old 11-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Teching In

BlownBird-
I know what system you are talking about and was wondering the same. It does seem too good to be true. I have a procharged 06 gto, and was interested in modding it further. But I'm unsure of modding to the point that I can't tune it myself. I have EFILIVE and I guess I just don't know the program well enough. I've only tackled the small things with it. Hell, I haven't talked to anyone aound here that knows how I can autoVE it. I called a local shop and the guys there told me that they only tuned "ls1 stuff" and didn't know anything about ls2's. hence my interest in this system. I have a 74 ford bronco I was thinking of doing an lsx swap on, I might let it be the guinea pig.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction + Mass-Flo Fuel Systems