Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Truck manifolds and keep a/c?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck manifolds and keep a/c?

I know everyone will say it can't be done, but what if we were to flip the compressor around and fabricate a bracket so that the compressor was not in the way of the exhaust, would anything like this be possible?
Old 11-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Banned

seems like a lot of work, id say for the money it would cost just buy an f1 procharger setup. that makes great power, turbos make more power and are serious setups, if your worring about a/c, a turbo is not for you id say.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh at Kentucky turbo is working on a manifold setup that keeps the air.He is an exellent fabricator and will hopefully have it worked out in the near future.Mostly a matter of finding the right manifolds then work it out from there.Hopefully it might be a lower cost alternetive to a custom header setup.This would be great because manifold setups have a great track record for reliability and make great power.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

i am still working to try and figure out an up top ac bracket to keep all the accessories and be using both truck manifolds on it so people who already have a set up can put this on and run AC, probably wont be figured out until January if i can get it to work.
it would have to use a different compressor.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

I woul'd think thats a project well worth the effort.A lot of truck manifold guys are happy with their setups except for the loss of the air.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The turbo system I built retains all the factory accessories. I have a build thread out there somewhere if you want to see what I did to get around it.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
i am still working to try and figure out an up top ac bracket to keep all the accessories and be using both truck manifolds on it so people who already have a set up can put this on and run AC, probably wont be figured out until January if i can get it to work.
it would have to use a different compressor.
I was considering this too before I bought my OFI kit. I noticed the ac compressor on my D-max is the same rib as the accsessory belt on my camaro.